TiffanyStockstill's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Not Receiving Google Local Guides Email Updates

Hi community, I noticed today that I stopped receiving the Google Local Guides email (headliner). The last email I received was described as Tiffanystockill, your November as a Local Guide dated 12/12/22. These emails would give me a review or summary of my impact. I still receive the Local Guides Connect updates but not this specific category as mentioned above. I also still receive Google Maps's Edits approved or not emails. Is it just me or did something change?

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Not Receiving Google Local Guides Email Updates

Well @TiffanyStockstill 

If that's the case,the next best thing to do is tag a Google moderator to look into it for you.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @TiffanyStockstill 

I think something has changed or some os wrong because I received my February update/ your month in review E-mail. It listed;

• February highlights 
  • Contributions
  • Points earned 
  • New views.

Although the information and data os often mixed up yet,it comes.

Please double check on your local guides E-mail preferences settrings that the boxes are ticked️ where you have;

1. Rewards 
  2. News and products updates 
  3. Contributions*** that's the one
  4. Research and feedback 

Also make sure the city is set. If all that has been correctly set and the E-mails haven't been coming then you will need to escalate the issues with some Google moderators.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 6

Your Google Local Guides emails notification is turned off so you face this problem.

Level 8

@SholaIB thanks for responding. All of my email notifications are checked. 

Level 8

@gyanjyoti__nath thanks for your feedback however my email notifications are not turned off.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Well @TiffanyStockstill 

If that's the case,the next best thing to do is tag a Google moderator to look into it for you.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

@SholaIB thanks. I will tag a moderator if I do not receive the insights for March. I did receive the new pin email so it may just be a glitch in the system or with my email box.

Connect Moderator

@TiffanyStockstill

Another potential explanation:

I believe the monthly status emails are not sent to Local Guides whos contributions went down compared to the previous months.

At least that is what I have experienced. 

Morten 

Level 8

@MortenCopenhagen 

• I've contributed more these past months compared to previous months.