Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Now the building is highlighted when open a place

I noticed a change on the app these days,

When we search for a specific place or tap to open it, not only does it show the marker, but the building that contains the POI is also highlighted by a pale red color.

The building highlighted in pale red colorThe building highlighted in pale red color

I like this idea and think has benefits. For example, encourage people to put the marker over a building not in front of it or on the street! What is your idea?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
4 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Now the building is highlighted when open a place

@Amiran 

Gute Darstellung und ich finde auch, dass die Markierung richtig angebracht werden muss 

Level 10

Re: Now the building is highlighted when open a place

Nice find @Amiran. Anything that encourages businesses to mark their location better is great. I get frustrated seeing Pins in the middle of a parking lot or on the road. It seems the desktop Map has not received this feature.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 9

Correct @JustJake  "It seems the desktop Map has not received this feature."!

When I read above post, I remembered having seen it, went to the desktop and the red building was not there, but id does show up in the Android app.

I agree, I also hate seeing the pin not exactly at the place. The color coding seems to be especially useful in cities with small buildings "glued" together.

Willfried
My Contributions
Level 10

Thanks for your comment @Annaelisa 

Thank you @JustJake @WilfriedB Yes, as I mentioned this change is visible on the app and not desktop yet. But we're always hopeful 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides