bikashkhadge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Pachali Bhairav Jatra

Pachali Bhairav Jatra is indeed an annual Hindu festival held in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal. It is dedicated to the god Bhairav, who is a fierce and powerful manifestation of Lord Shiva. The festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm and is an important cultural and religious event in Nepal.

_BYK1863.jpg_DSC3144.jpg_DSC3156.jpg_DSC3172.jpg

The festival spans over five days, and the exact dates may vary from year to year based on the lunar calendar. 

_DSC3477.jpg_DSC3517.jpg 

The festival involves a series of rituals and ceremonies performed at various temples and shrines in the Kathmandu Valley. Devotees offer prayers, make offerings, and seek blessings from Bhairav during this time.

_DSC3592.jpg_DSC3635.jpg

During the festival, processions are organized in which the idol of Bhairav is paraded through the streets in a chariot. The procession is accompanied by a large number of devotees and onlookers who participate in the festivities.

_DSC3745.jpg_DSC3831.jpg_DSC3844.jpg 

Many devotees from different parts of Nepal visit the Kathmandu Valley to take part in the Pachali Bhairav Jatra. It's a time for spiritual reflection, seeking blessings, and paying homage to Bhairav.

_DSC3958.jpg_DSC4119.jpg_DSC4148.jpg_DSC4226.jpg_DSC4229.jpg

The Pachali Bhairav Jatra is not only a religious event but also a cultural celebration that brings the community together. It offers a glimpse into the vibrant and diverse culture of Nepal and is an excellent opportunity for travelers to experience the country's traditions and spirituality.

_DSC4244.jpg_DSC4265.jpg

Bikash KHADGE
Kathmandu, Nepal
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Pachali Bhairav Jatra

@bikashkhadge we ( bhartiya Hindu) celebrate many traditional folk Yatra ( in our local language to say yatra - prikrma - jatra) to better understand i share to you the link in one of my post link

Link is here https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Glimpse-of-kawad-yatra/m-p/3625359/highligh...

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 10

Ynt: Pachali Bhairav Jatra

Hello @bikashkhadge , welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing the excitement of sharing with you. But I have to warn you. There is a topic. According to the forum rules, sharing people's photos is not welcome. Especially a few of the photos contain pictures of children. I recommend you not to share them so that the article does not fall into the spam folder.