NunungAfuah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Penataran Temple: The most iconic landmark in Blitar

I never go to the same place over and over but Penataran temple  is different. As the iconic landmark of my city, I am always amazed how incredible this temple! Penataran temple is one of Hindu temple in East Java Indonesia. If you ever visited Prambanan temple, perhaps this temple will attract you as well. In 1995 the temple was added to the waiting list to be recognized as a World Heritage Site.

caption: A photo of I am jumping in front of Penataran Temple (Local guides Choirul Musthofa)caption: A photo of I am jumping in front of Penataran Temple (Local guides Choirul Musthofa)

The Penataran temple is near to Kelud Volcano and about 26-30 minutes driving from train station of Blitar. As the iconic of Blitar, people belief that someone never be a visitor of Blitar if they do not visit Penataran temple. The local goverment also try to preserve the history by using the iconic shape of the temple into many building in Blitar and their batik motif. 

caption: a photo of Penataran Temple from the north side (Local Guide Nunung Afuah)caption: a photo of Penataran Temple from the north side (Local Guide Nunung Afuah)

The most favorite thing about the temple is the royal bathing pool with a very clear water surrounding by a beautiful relief on the wall. Many visitors belief when they throw the coin in the water, they will get happiness and blessing in life. No wonder you will find many coins in the bottom of the bathing pool.

caption: A Local Guide wash his hand at Royal bathing pool in Penataran Temple (Local Guide Nunung Afuah)caption: A Local Guide wash his hand at Royal bathing pool in Penataran Temple (Local Guide Nunung Afuah)

Today, the access to temple is easy for visitors since they have many parking places outside the temple and friendly walking area. So, Tell me about your iconic city's landmark in the comment below, It will be excited to know!

regards,

Nunung Afuah 

Indonesia Local Guides
Blitar, Blitar City, East Java, Indonesia
52 comments
Level 5

Bls: Penataran Temple: The most iconic landmark in Blitar

Kota kelahiran proklamor ri bung karno

Level 10

Re: Penataran Temple: The most iconic landmark in Blitar

awesome!

the sky is so bright, makes the temple so beautiful. Want to go there, see the temple, while enjoying the culinary of Blitar

Connect Moderator

halo mas @Rasyid_bheb salam kenal. Domisili Blitar juga kah?

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Re: Penataran Temple: The most iconic landmark in Blitar

hi mas @BudionoS , I am too excited to wait for your visit here! please arrange your schedule to go to Blitar for trying our culinary soon 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 5

Di palembang mbk, tp pengen berkunjung kesana,

Level 5

Salam knl jg,saya dari Palembang

Level 7

😍😍😍

Connect Moderator

Hi @Rasyid_bheb , Saya hanya pernah ke Padang, sepertinya belum pernah ke Palembang. Semoga suatu saat juga bisa berkunjung kesana 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Halo mas @Musmus , selamat datang di Connect ya. Jangan lupa untuk menyertakan @diikuti dengan akun yang ingin dibalas. Setelah ini mungkin Saya bisa diajak melihat Candi di Malang?

Indonesia Local Guides