ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pride parade in Buenos Aires 🏳️‍🌈

Hi Local guides 🙂

It's been a long time since I've last written a post but I definitely wanted to share this with the community!

Last weekend I had the chance to go to the LGBT+ Pride parade in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Caption: photo of the Buenos Aires Congress in the evening, painted with lights that represent the colors of the LGBT+ flag.Caption: photo of the Buenos Aires Congress in the evening, painted with lights that represent the colors of the LGBT+ flag.

This was a special one because it was the 30th Pride Parade in our country. Last year it was held virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions, so this year it was double as exciting as last time!

As mentioned before, it took place in Buenos Aires city, starting in Plaza de Mayo and finishing in the Congress, and it was full of diversity and joy. I went with a friend and we marched along Avenue de Mayo together with thousands of people and dozens of carriages from different organizations. Each of them had their own music and people danced and singed all day long.

The main goal of this parade is the visibility of the LGBT+ community in order to fight for equal rights for all of them, such as the regulation of trans labor, for example.

Both in the Congress, in Plaza de Mayo and along Avenue de Mayo there were stands with small businesses and manufacturers where you could get all kinds of products: from clothing to delicious food and drinks to all kinds of LGBT+ themed merchandise. The city was indeed painted with all the colors of the rainbow.

Caption: a photo collage with 4 photos, one of me smiling holding a rainbow shaped balloon, other with the balloon in the car, next one is a selfie with my friend and the last one is me smiling in front of the Congress with a crown made of colorful led lights.Caption: a photo collage with 4 photos, one of me smiling holding a rainbow shaped balloon, other with the balloon in the car, next one is a selfie with my friend and the last one is me smiling in front of the Congress with a crown made of colorful led lights.

Luckily it was a beautiful sunny day and we were all really happy to attend the parade. I hadn't been to one for 3 years so it was a nice experience to finally be back!

One of the highlights of the day is that I ran into two amazing Local Guides: @AdroGran and @Maximilianozalazar, and it was the perfect occasion to take out my 360 camera and capture this photo:

Caption: 360 photo of me, my friend, and Local Guides @AdroGran and @Maximilianozalazar, smiling in Avenue de Mayo during the pride parade.Caption: 360 photo of me, my friend, and Local Guides @AdroGran and @Maximilianozalazar, smiling in Avenue de Mayo during the pride parade.

I think we all look really happy, don't we?

The parade ended with some bands and singers performing on stage next to the Congress.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed attending this event and writing it to share it with you.

How about you? Are there pride parades in your country? Have you ever been to one? If so, I'd love to see photos if you can share them!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Buenos Aires, Argentina
29 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Pride parade in Buenos Aires 🏳️‍🌈

🌈 Looks like you had so much fun @ValeriaA_  The last Mardi Gras parade I attended in Sydney was in March 2018 before the pandemic. I can’t wait until the next one. 

A2D46648-7F2E-4B36-B0AF-4B839A29F088.jpeg

Level 8

@ValeriaA_ impresionante estuvo!!!! Seguimos a la chica globo ajjaajjajaja na muy copada experiencia al ser la primera marcha que voy!!  Y muy buena onda a todos.

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Muy bueno @ValeriaA_ ! 

Se nota que lo pasaron muy bien! Y me.encantó ese globo!! 👏👏

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Level 8

@Cecilita toda la marcha le querían sacar el globo jajajjaja

Level 10

Ynt: Pride parade in Buenos Aires 🏳️‍🌈

Wow so nice ☺️👍🏻 @ValeriaA_ 

Level 10

@ValeriaA_  very nice Valeria. I watched you photos in social media! It seems it was such an amazing event and of course for a great cause and well-deserving rights. Nice to see you around here as well!  Good vibes! 😎😀

Level 10

I definitely had lots of fun @PennyChristie !

Thanks for sharing the photo, I love how colorful outfits get on pride parades 🏳️‍🌈

Level 10

Jajajaja la chica globo @Maximilianozalazar 😂😂