WilfriedB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Questions and Answers (Q&A) requests for places not visited

Since recently, I keep getting many requests to respond to Q&A related to places, I never visited (yet), instead I did search the place on Google Maps because, I possibly plan to go there in the close or late future or only check, where it is after reading an article about a new restaurant.

To me, responding to those questions does not make any sense at all and would also not comply with the rules.

What can I do to avoid these question? I certainly would like to respond whenever I did visit that place. Checking "I never was there" would be correct for now, but might change. However, many times this option is not even offered.

The same applies to places, I did visit long ago (years!) and just edited a review or only removed an outdated photo.

Willfried
My Contributions
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Questions and Answers (Q&A) requests for places not visited

Hello @WilfriedB 

I have experienced this and still do experience it. So much as just a search or even a few minutes parking of my car close by or a few minutes pop in. That triggers question and answer to the place. Which is weird.

I think I suggested an idea on the old exchange board of I never visited or I never patronised to be added. The idea exchange board is gone anyway. Thank you for reporting it again.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Betreff: Questions and Answers (Q&A) requests for places not visited

@WilfriedB 

😂 Geht mir genauso, ich fühle mich schon verfolgt 😊

Level 8

Re: Questions and Answers (Q&A) requests for places not visited

@SholaIB and @WilfriedB  I've experienced this over the last few weeks, as I went on the map to verify two places my son went on the night of December 31st. Maps totally believes that I'm now in a position to answer questions about those places, though I never went anywhere near.