ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Buenos Aires vegan

Hi Local Guides!

I would like to tell you about this meet-up I hosted on March 14th, the weekend before quarantine started in Argentina.

If I'm not wrong, it was the first vegan meet-up in Buenos Aires, so it was a pretty nice experience!

Caption: six smiling local guides sitting in a table of a vegan restaurant.Caption: six smiling local guides sitting in a table of a vegan restaurant.

The initial idea was to start the meet-up in Veganius, then have lunch in one of these restaurants and after that visit the Vegan Fair which is held by Buenos Aires government once a month. Unfortunately the fair was cancelled due to the Coronavirus situation so I decided to start the meet up at the restaurant Estilo Veggie ("veggie style") and share a nice vegan lunch together.

And so we did! @Jesi@santiagoirale@Daiulich@Maritu92 and @agustinagentile joined me. We ordered many different dishes, I'm sure all of them were delicious. It was great to see that you can eat the same foods without any animal products involved, and they'll still be delicious (and leave you with a full belly!).

Caption: photo collage of the meet up, showing some natural juices, burgers, sandwiches, other dishes and a selfie of all the attendees.Caption: photo collage of the meet up, showing some natural juices, burgers, sandwiches, other dishes and a selfie of all the attendees.

What I personally love about vegan food is how diverse it is, and how the different tastes can be combined to have a delicious experience. In Argentina, one of the most common meat substitutes is seitan, which is gluten-based and can be turned into a burger or a steak. Tofu is also a very popular option, mostly used for nuggets or chicken substitutes.

After lunch we walked to Veganius, but I didn't realize that it was already closed (we were supposed to visit it earlier so I didn't double-check). But we didn't want the meet-up to end... so we visited Zoja, an organic market where you can find lots of vegan foods, spices, seasonings, sweets and more! There are even some imported products from other countries we had much fun analyzing (also played a bit with Crowdsource's smart camera and Lens' translator).

We then walked a bit more and visited Distrito Arcos (where some of us enjoyed delicious fruit juices), Samsung experience store and Gato store.

Caption: photo collage of some moments of the meet up (photos by @Daiulich)Caption: photo collage of some moments of the meet up (photos by @Daiulich)

I'm glad we could enjoy this meet-up before quarantine began, I enjoyed it a lot and I hope we can make it again when the vegan fair re-opens.

You can find more photos of the meet-up (taken by all the attendees) in the shared album

Thank you for reading.

Happy guiding!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Estilo Veggie, Fitz Roy, CIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
15 comments
Level 6

Re: [RECAP] Buenos Aires vegan

Thanks for sharing ..

Nepal local guide

Instagram

Twitter

Level 7

¡Gracias por organizarlo, Vale! estuvo muy bueno❤️ 

Level 10

@ValeriaA_ sounds like everyone had fun. I love the food you are having. looks delicious. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ValeriaA_

Thanks for sharing this amazing recap with us! From the photos, I can see that you have enjoyed it a lot. Which was the dish that you liked the most in Estilo Veggie?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks for sharing RECAP of Meet-up @ValeriaA_

All are looking like shining stars local guides 👌🏻😊🌟

Junaid
Level 10

Gracias por venir @Daiulich ! La verdad estuvo genial, ojalá podamos repetirlo 🙂

Level 10

Thanks @QaziJunaid @sparekh !

We indeed had a great time and tried delicious food 🙂

Level 10

@JavieraAu we did enjoy our meal so much!

The dish I liked the most were these vegan quesadillas, I was surprised at how good the melted cheese tasted, I will probably order it again next time I visit Estilo Veggie!

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-08 at 11.31.04.jpeg

Former Google Contributor

Wow, @ValeriaA_! It looks amazing, I'm not surprised why you liked it so much! 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!