Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Let's Take a Challenge to Update Google Maps [World-wide]

Hello friends, 

We have successfully completed our worldwide fun based meet up "Let's Take a Challenge to Update Google Maps-Worldwide".

Caption: A collage photo from all recaps posted by hosts of the meet up around the world.Caption: A collage photo from all recaps posted by hosts of the meet up around the world.

There are a lot of meet ups we have conducted around the world. It's wasn't possible without the spirit of love of my friends who were accepted and participated with me to make it successful. I am very glad to see the contributions and activities from all. Now a question may arise in your mind, right? what kind of fun based? Okay, when I drawn the LG pin first time then it was look like nothing but a cross angle something because I didn't follow the route map. That was very funny to me and to others. After that time I have drawn a LG pin using the measurement distance option and followed on Google Maps to contribute during the meet up day.  It was really cool. You can see some LG pin photos from local and from timeline photos below-     

Caption: Drawing part of the this meet up and some of the Google timeline activity photos where the symbol look like a local guides pin.Caption: Drawing part of the this meet up and some of the Google timeline activity photos where the symbol look like a local guides pin.

It is the first time in this year we have executed this idea to contribute on Google Maps for 30 days to host. We had some extra parts of the module to this meet up but in this time it was executed in general to check the status of the responses. Yes, it was successful but we are thinking more and exciting activities for the next year. Now I insist to share some part of the recaps from all of the meet ups around the globe with all of you my friends.

Before that here is the list of the participants [ HOST ] of this meet up -

1. David Tito @DavidTito 

Recap Here.

Photo Album Link.

2. Gabu Calvi @Gabuu  

Recap Link.

Photo Album Link.

3. Kamal Hasnainee (Me)

Recap Link.

Photo Album Link.

4 Desty Hotifatruwosa @DeeDesty 

Recap Link .  - Meet up Post.

5. Solaiman Hossain @SolaimanHossain 

Recap Link. - Meet up Post.

6. Latoria @Lattoria  

Recap Link. -Meet up Post.

7. Salmaan Nawaz @SalmaanN 

Recap Link.- Meet up Post.

8. Lao Fdez @Laofdez 

Recap Link

Photo Album Link.

9. Biswajit Chakraborty @Designer_Biswajit 

Recap Link.

We have updated places around us with the latest information's such as photos, reviews, check the fact's and of course added the missing places also on Google Maps. 

Caption: A collage photo with some buildings and a symbol of wheelchair in the middle of a footpath and some electronic  payment machine including Google Maps contributions report with point system.Caption: A collage photo with some buildings and a symbol of wheelchair in the middle of a footpath and some electronic payment machine including Google Maps contributions report with point system.

Caption: A collage photo with some photos of different kind of shops and parking lot with wheelchair symbol taken by LG @DavidTitoCaption: A collage photo with some photos of different kind of shops and parking lot with wheelchair symbol taken by LG @DavidTito

Caption: A collage photo with some views collected from different business places  taken by LG @GabuuCaption: A collage photo with some views collected from different business places taken by LG @Gabuu

Caption: A collage photo with the view of contributions on Google Maps and earned points by LG @Designer BiswajitCaption: A collage photo with the view of contributions on Google Maps and earned points by LG @Designer Biswajit

We have contributed and earned thousands of points on Google Maps through this meet up challenge though it was a fun based. Of course the example you can see some detail view of the earned points from our photo album mentioned in above with the album link.

Some of our featured & trending post from this meet up -

Caption : Featured post from the meet up by @Gabuu and @Designer BiswajitCaption : Featured post from the meet up by @Gabuu and @Designer Biswajit

Caption: Thumbnail view of the Trending post done by LG @Designer_BiswajitCaption: Thumbnail view of the Trending post done by LG @Designer_Biswajit

Okay, now it's time to announce the name of the BEST CONTRIBUTORS of this meet up challenge -

1. David Tito from Perth, Australia

2. Designer Biswajit from Dhaka, Bangladesh

3. LAO Fdez from Barcelona, Spain

4. Gabu Calvi from Bolivia

So, CONGRATULATIONS friends & thanks for supporting this meet up !

Best Regards

Kamal Hasnainee

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Let's Take a Challenge to Update Google Maps [World-wide]

@Kamalhasnainee vai,

I am very happy to see my name in the 'Best Contributor' list. It was undoubtedly a good initiative. Thank you again for your excellent RECAP post.
I would like to share with you a picture taken on the day of my meetup from 'Motijheel Shapla Chatwar'.

Caption: A landmark in Motijheel named 'Shapla Square'. Photo LG Designer_BiswajitCaption: A landmark in Motijheel named 'Shapla Square'. Photo LG Designer_Biswajit

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Level 9

Thanks brother @Designer_Biswajit you made my day actually. Your photography and contributions to this meet up really appreciated. By the way, it is very hard to take a good photograph from this place in Motijheel Shapla Chattar but you made it with a good and stunning view of that place. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Hi @Kamalhasnainee ! Thanks for announce me as a best contributor🙏🏼🙏🏼😊, and thank you for challenge me to do this meet up! 

Congrats for hosted it!!

Hugs 🤗

Gabu
Level 9

You are most welcome dear @Gabuu. In our country there are a lot of places now starting to add the wheelchair ramp in their business places to help the disabled community but what about in your area?  I have seen few places in your album that has the ramp already for wheelchair users. 

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

@Kamalhasnainee Wow This is a [Recap] inside a [Recap] and everybody's contributions are fantastic work here and so many dedicated local guides taking part in this challenge Let's Take a Challenge to Update Google Maps [World-wide] has been a great adventure and time to reflect on well we can work together to make these great changes on Google Maps.

I have to say well-done everybody 

Level 9

Yes, you are right brother @DavidTito here in this challenge all participants did their contributions with a passion of love and responsibilities to bring the hidden gems around us to ahead.  

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh