SagarDiary's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Recap: Diamond City Surat Calling… A Journey of Exploration and Friendship in Surat..

On March 10, 2024, I had the privilege of joining a group meeting organized by @Vijay_Bhadani @Rushabh_Sindhav @Mukund_hirpara_ 

in Surat, famously known as the Diamond City and renowned for its textile industry. As someone new to Gujarat and Surat, this meetup provided me with a unique opportunity to explore the city and its treasures, alongside a diverse group of fellow enthusiasts. Here's a recount of my enriching experience. 

SURAT Meet Up .jpg

 Groups Selfie at Purohit Thali

New Beginnings:

Arriving at Surat Railway Station on March 9th via the Kalyan Varna Pune Ahmedabad Express, I was greeted by Pranav Trivedi sir, setting the stage for an adventure-filled journey. Opting for a nearby dormitory for a quick rest, the anticipation for the upcoming exploration filled the energy. 

Colorful Minimalistic Photo Collage Stylish Nature Fashion Your Story_20240417_154551_0000.png

 New Friends

Cultural Delights and Culinary Adventures:

The morning of March 10th commenced with a visit to a renowned hotel in Surat, where I had my first taste of Surti Locho, accompanied by Mukund sir and Jitendra from Mumbai. The flavors of Surti Patti Samosas and Aluwadi added to the culinary delight, setting the tone for a day filled with discoveries.

Unveiling the Diamond Industry:

Our journey transformed as we ventured into the heart of Surat's diamond industry. Led by Mukund sir, we gained insights into the meticulous process of diamond manufacturing, from inception to the final product. Interacting with a diamond merchant, we unraveled the intricacies of this precious trade, appreciating the craftsmanship behind each glittering gem.

Textile Tales and Traditions:

Next, we delved into Surat's textile heritage, visiting a Himali saree wholesaler and Ghaji Dress artisans. Immersed in the intricacies of saree-making and garment embroidery, we gained a newfound appreciation for the craftsmanship embedded in every thread. Gratitude was extended to our hosts for generously sharing their knowledge and hospitality.

Cultural Immersion at Purohit Thali:

Our gastronomic journey continued at Purohit Thali, where we relished an authentic Gujarati thali brimming with flavors and variety. Amidst laughter and camaraderie, we savored each dish, experiencing the essence of Surat's culinary heritage.

Beige Blue Modern Photo Paris Collage LinkedIn Post_20240417_154638_0000.jpg

 city tour Surat

Exploring Surat's Fort:

As the day drew to a close, Mukund sir and Tejal madam extended the adventure with an impromptu visit to Surat's fort. Despite the last-minute rush, we were treated to a captivating portrayal of the fort's history through a specially curated video. The experience left us with a profound appreciation for preserving our cultural heritage.

Farewell and Gratitude:

As the sun set on our Surat adventure, heartfelt farewells were exchanged amongst newfound friends. Gratitude filled our hearts for the warm hospitality and enriching experiences shared throughout the day.

Beige And Cream Modern India Travel Instagram Story_20240417_154426_0000.png

 Food Culture 

Conclusion:

The meetup in Surat was not just a journey of exploration but a celebration of cultural diversity and friendship. It highlighted the power of community and shared experiences in fostering understanding and appreciation. As I boarded the train back home, I carried with me cherished memories and a renewed sense of curiosity for the world around me.

Brown Aesthetic Autumn Fall Photo Collage Instagram Story_20240417_154500_0000.png

 And finally special note

ગુજરાતના ટેક્સ કેવા છે? અમને તમારું સુરત અને તમારી આતિથ્ય ગમ્યું, અમે ચોક્કસપણે ફરી મળીશું.

Bye .. Tc..

@Tejal @NareshDarji 

@Ptrivedi @het_3012 @ImNikunj91 @Vatsal30  @sagarantala 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Surat, Gujarat, India
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Recap: Diamond City Surat Calling… A Journey of Exploration and Friendship in Surat..

Excellent recap, dear @SagarDiary 👍

The photos and collages are superb - looks like you enjoyed it a lot.

I am looking forward to meeting you online during the meetup on 27th April:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-Small-Businesses-by-Persons-of-Disab...

This meetup is specially organized for you 😊

Level 9

Re: Recap: Diamond City Surat Calling… A Journey of Exploration and Friendship in Surat..

एक छोटासा प्रयत्न आहे थोडा उशीर होतोय पण शिकतोय अजून तुमच्या मार्गदर्शनाची गरज आहे की तुम्ही तेथेच आहात धन्यवाद आपले.

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Connect Moderator

Hi @SagarDiary 

I suggest using the @ tool to address people when replying, as I have done above.
This sends a notification to people about your message and helps keep communication streamlined.

And if at all you want to attempt to learn, try hosting a meetup.

It is a more fulfilling and rewarding experience 😊

Level 10

Hello @SagarDiary , Great recap! The photos are lovely.

Signature Image
Level 9

@SagarDiary 

Wow, awesome recap all memories came back , 10 th March 2024 was a memory able day which will cherish in my heart. 

My best wishes to you. 

Connect Moderator

Wow, nice recap dear @SagarDiary 

We are truly grateful to you for coming all the way to grace our meetup. It is truly a memorable moment to have enjoyed with all of you.

I hope that we will continue to receive such support from you.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

Thank you @SagarDiary for recap everything 😄

Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar प्रयत्न सुरू आहेत कमेंट लिहीत असताना पहिले नाव टॅग करायला हवे हे समजायला जरा उशीरच लागलाय यापुढे नक्की येतील. 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 9

@PrasadVR धन्यवाद प्रसाद 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar