AT_Rome's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Rome, simply Rome.

ColiseumColiseum

@AdrianLunsong, I believe that the words in your post have succeeded in motivating people in many countries to tell thoughts and emotions that everyone can make their own, and I feel engaged too.

And it seems true that this 2020 has been a year that God has forgotten, as @bmuu wrote, or maybe God wanted to remind us of our human limitations, which we can only overcome by collaborating together and asking ourselves what we can do for others, not what others can do for us.
I think it's really nice to think that people so far and so different can leave a testimony of what they live and see, for example through the contribution of a photo or a review of the wonderful places that this Earth offers us.

And I am grateful to @AdrianLunsong, to @AdamGT and to all the moderators for your work, and to all the Local Guides who contribute photos of the most remote or famous places.

I am one of these Local Guides, having the good fortune to live next to places with a thousand-year history, such as the Colosseum, or Basilica of St. Peter, or the Trevi Fountain, or the Spanish Steps, or a thousand other places that sometimes hide secrets known only to those who live nearby.

Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and a little Italian RestaurantTrevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and a little Italian Restaurant

For many years I have been contributing with passion as a Local Guide, and I could tell for hours the emotions of discovering a hidden place, such as the hidden ruins of an ancient building of the Knights Templar, visited by chance in a corner of the Roman countryside near home, or the colors of the sunset on the ruins of the Imperial Forums.

Templar church ruinsTemplar church ruins

I have always been happy to be able to offer - as a Local Guide - my photos depicting small artisan shops, characteristic restaurants perhaps far from the tourist routes, but which thanks to the scent of their cuisine and the flavors of their dishes made me dream. Too bad we didn't even share the flavors and aromas, in addition to the photographs!

I honestly don't believe that Rome is the most beautiful place in the world, because every place has its own unique charm, but I still believe that anyone who visits Rome could never forget it!

One day you will be able to return to visit the wonderful places of this planet, and that day Rome will be waiting for you.

A sincere hug to everyone
@AT_Rome

#CommunityLoveChallenge

Roma, RM, Italia
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Rome, simply Rome.

Ciao @AT_Rome,

thank you for sharing this love story, with Rome and Local Guides, all covered with those nice pictures of the eternal city. It is nice to read the emotions and the passion of a Local Guides and even more the motivation.

I see you are relatively new to Connect also if part of it since log, so I want to welcome you again here and link you Your guide to Connect to make yourself comfortable and understand how to best use Connect.

If you need any help don't forget you can always refer to our Help Desk.

And perhaps you might also introduce yourself to the community and the other Local Guides by writing something about you in our monthly introduction post: Introduce Yourself November 2020. I guess you are from Rome, right? Maybe you can meet some other Italian Local Guides nearby you 😉.

I hope to read soon some of your stories, in bocca al lupo ed a presto!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hello @AT_Rome 

It was so nice to read your post about beautiful Rome and thanks for the mention therein.  It's a city that I've been to many times but I think next time rather than revisiting the Colosseum, or St Peter's Basilica, the Trevi Fountain, or the Spanish Steps, I will call on you so that I might see some of those other thousand hidden places that you speak about 😉  In the meantime, I look forward to reading more posts from you about Roma. 

CIAO,

Adam 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Hi @AT_Rome 

Thanks a lot for sharing Rome which is one of the most beautiful city in the world.

I went there when I was kid with my parents. Now, I wish to go back with my kids.

One of my friend when there for 2 weeks last summer and it was a good moment as there was no one in the city.

I don't have any plan but Rome could be our destination this summer. 

Let see how it goes.

Jylien

Connect Moderator

That's a great post @AT_Rome and thanks for sharing your wonderful city! I've not visited yet but it's always on my "go to" list! And thanks for how you describe a loving community! I hope that you can enjoy your journey in the Local Guides program and here on Connect too! Looking forward to more posts from you in the future! And thanks for taking part in this challenge! 😊👍

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews