Ority's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Thankful Thursday: Tag a Local Guide you’re grateful for

Caption: An illustration of a heart made up of two hands embracing and decorative stars floating around.Caption: An illustration of a heart made up of two hands embracing and decorative stars floating around.

Studies have shown that practicing gratitude can regulate stress and anxiety and lead to more satisfaction with life. But even without the research, it’s easy to feel the effects of gratitude on a personal level. Think about it: Don’t you feel better when you thank someone who did something nice for you? Don’t you feel happier when you give thanks for a beautiful sunset or take a moment to appreciate your loved ones, or a furry companion?

World Gratitude Day became an official holiday 45 years ago, and has been celebrated on September 21 ever since. This Thankful Thursday, we’re joining the global wave of gratitude by thinking about what — and who — we’re grateful for. 

And that’s you, the Local Guide reading these lines. 

The Local Guide who inspires others to be better contributors and better people

The Local Guide who leaves honest reviews, helping businesses and people alike. 

The Local Guide who takes part in meet-ups, creating great memories for others.

The Local Guide who shares about their culture, their passions, and their milestones.

And the Local Guide who appreciates what others share.

All of you make this community so welcoming, colorful, and meaningful. We appreciate you!

Is there a Local Guide you’re grateful for? Why are you grateful for them? Tag them in the comments below and tell us your story.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

144 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Thankful Thursday: Tag a Local Guide you’re grateful for

Connect is the place, where a lot of people got life-changing experiences, and I'm one of them, so at the top of the list of people whom I want to say thanks to and I will be grateful forever to them, are friends from Connect. I can't tag everyone but just 10 people, because my gratitude list is so long. But want to tag my dear friends here @JaneBurunina, @Tushar_Suradkar @NareshDarji @TravellerG @Tejal @Erna_LaBeau  @RosyKohli @Kwiksatik @ZuhraLC and my mentor@ErmesT & @KarenVChin in this beautiful post 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ority 

Caption: A selfie of a few local guides during the BLDG VI Abuja Suya Crawl smiling happily at the cameras after a successful night together. @Shola_ the host holding up a connect local guides pin.Caption: A selfie of a few local guides during the BLDG VI Abuja Suya Crawl smiling happily at the cameras after a successful night together. @Shola_ the host holding up a connect local guides pin.

Thank you for this very good post. Firstly I'll like to tag you yourself and the different Googlers behind the scenes of connect and the maps making sure it runs smoothly. 

Caption: @Nuhuu, @Shola_, @Uceey, and other local guides all around @sagir for a photo at Google office yesterday.Caption: @Nuhuu, @Shola_, @Uceey, and other local guides all around @sagir for a photo at Google office yesterday.

Secondly the connect moderators the whole lot of you but especially @ErmesT we have become friends of recent, @JanVanHaver , @Tushar_Suradkar my special buddy, @NareshDarji your different quiz and meet-up series I've met @Sagir of recent he is a rare gem @EmekaUlor we have interacted closely of recent. I get good vibes from these local guides

Thirdly my sweet Abuja Local guides I love you guys man. @Zino_

@MrLabule exceptional local guide we enjoyed our last meet-up together with Sanya.

Caption: : @SanyaOdare a  prominent level  10 local guide , @Shola_ the host local guide holding the local guide logo,@Labule another level 10 local guide posing for the photo at our local guides day out in Lagos  Nigeria. Now that the 2 photos were at 2 different venues.Caption: : @SanyaOdare a prominent level 10 local guide , @Shola_ the host local guide holding the local guide logo,@Labule another level 10 local guide posing for the photo at our local guides day out in Lagos Nigeria. Now that the 2 photos were at 2 different venues.

@NahidHossain has just joined my train of thankful guides,we interact even outside connect. Thank you all local guides. We love connect.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @KashifMisidia 

I should tag you as well,for your last LGCB series you invited us to share in your initiative. You make connect a warm place for interactions 

@Zinta Abuja local guides mama, @Silooobaba @DigitalPope    @leomdevs .

@TravellerG my friend "Thank you" you are doing well for connect and for India local guides.

Lastly @MortenCopenhagen thank you for your great effort and well of knowledge and information helping local guides always and working hard yourself.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Thank you @Ority for this opportunity to express my gratitude towards some of the amazing local guide friends that I am gifted as part of this wonderful community of local guides.

Foremost among them are dear @KashifMisidia Bhai who always travels that extra mile to help me and hundreds of other fellow local guides directly on the forum and also outside. Kashif is a TV Superstar having appeared on various TV Shows globally and also in Pakistan enthusiastically talking about LG Connect, Google Maps, and Crowdsource - this is inspirational to new and old local guides alike.  Thank you, dear Kashif Bhai, from the bottom of my heart for what you are to me and for the larger local guides community.

@SholaIB is a multi-talented person with a flair for writing and he loves to travel, food, and meet people which is so energizing. We share many of his traits and habits like visiting museums and noting a detailed account of places, subsequently sharing them meticulously out here on LG Connect. Thank you, dear Shola - for your cheerful and radiant smile that gives much joy and energy to me and I am sure to local guides globally. Keep going, my friend...

Last but not least I would like to thank dear @NareshDarji  Bhai for his enthusiastic and ever-so-helpful nature, for he goes out of his way to help me and local guides all over the world. Naresh's ideas about meetups and his in-depth knowledge of Google Maps and LG Connect are unmatched. I have benefitted a lot from his profound knowledge and generosity with which he shares it with everyone who needs it. Naresh's activities like Map Challenge are innovative and bring much-needed freshness and vigor to the LG Connect platform. Thank you dear Naresh Bhai for the enormous help, guidance, and support that you have provided to me and to the larger local guide community.

The post would not be complete without thanking local guides and buddies who are closest to my heart, who are the most energetic and cheerful faces of the LG Connect family, @Rohan10@Mukul_Anand@abhishekpatk, and @Pratik_89  😊

Connect Moderator

So kind of you @Tushar_Suradkar that you honored me with your beautiful words. For me, I learned alot by you that how we can map any place properly with Accessibility information and not only learned, but shared your format to many new friends who want to learn. I will be always grateful to you for giving us this wonderful way of mapping. I'm so thankful to you Tushar Bhai for your words about me. And always love your writing style when you appreciate someone 😍

@SholaIB thank you so much for tagging me in your comment, I always love meetups, especially outdoor meet-ups, because by this we can communicate more better to each other, share information, and can make new friends. And I'm so happy that you remember and mention it in your comment.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Connect Moderator

I can't forget to say thanks to my dear friends @AdrianLunsong , @indahnuria , @Nyainurjanah @LightRich @LaloPadilla @Jesi @SoniaK @Globe_trotter_Ish @OmerAli @Erna_LaBeau  &@StephenAbraham 

Thank you so much my lovely friends 😍❤️🙏

Connect Moderator

@Ority wonderful way to show gratitude to Amazing people in our community

I love everything local guides do they all have a unique way to make this world a better place

I would like to appreciate @NareshDarji for coming up with innovative ideas to keep our community engaging also he is very helpful whenever I have a question 🌻

@ErmesT I really love how he knows everything and always helps new local guides, I also appreciate the way he adds his beautiful pictures on comments 💖

@PaulPavlinovich he is truly amazing, I miss the pizza Wednesday where he shares delicious homemade pizza on social media.

Also I will always be grateful for everything I learnt about photography from Paul 😍

@RosyKohli she is really a wonderful person, very welcoming and encouraging, I appreciate how she is open to learn and try new things, she actively comes forward to learn and share it with others too 🤗

@Shrut19 from my first meet up till now she has always been the person to join and support all the meet ups, she helped me to get along with other local guides in my city 😘

@TravellerG I am amazed by the energy and enthusiasm during meet up, he is a supportive person especially for new local guides and I also appreciate his photography skill and posts that's he shares.

@TorM I am always surprised with the number of contribution he has made on maps, the photos that he contributes are so amazing, I am inspired by him to keep contributing 😍

@KashifMisidia @Tushar_Suradkar they both do really great work for supporting and contributing about accessibility in countries like India and Pakistan where it is much needed.

Kashif bhai is an amazing storyteller when she shares his travel posts 🥳

Connect Moderator

To continue my list 

@Tejal she does great work for community I really appreciate how welcoming she is and the way she takes out time to teach specially-abled to use technology and also conducts many virtual tours for them.💖

@rajuroyal he has always supported me in virtual meet ups when I needed a helping hand for extra tech support.🌻

@Shruti_U I really enjoyed meeting her and it was a grand experience to explore a new city with her 🥳 she is a wonderful photographer and a solo traveler !

@Harsha_Reddy I loved meeting him and learning more about sustainability, he has wonderful travel stories to share and I appreciate how he always helps for beach clean up and spreads awareness about it on social media 🌻

@Ddimitra she is very cheerful and bubbly person, I got a chance to meet her and it was such an overwhelming experience.

I appreciate how she travels alone and explore different countries, she takes amazing 360 photos and we share love for food  💖 ps. I loved shopping with you 🤭

@Saiyen  I found a little brother in him, he is very polite and shares amazing travel posts, he shares the beauty of Bangladesh through his post, we share love for books and I am eagerly waiting to meet you soon 🤗

@Ewaade_3A the queen !!! 

I appreciate how she comes up with creative ideas during meet up to keep everyone engaged, she always spreads smiles and laughter. She takes amazing pictures is very creative and makes wonderful videos 😍

Always takes time out to check on me.

She shared some yummy Nigerian food posts as well 😍 hugs !!

@Erna_LaBeau wonderful lady!

I love her adventure posts, she loves to travel and share the experience.

I appreciate her efforts towards accessibility, her meet ups are knowledgeable and helpful.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for this post @Ority 

I am thankful to so many Local Guides that I can easily write for one day here, page after page of this thread.

I hope everyone of my friends will forgive me if they are not in the list.

First of all I want to mention my wife @AntonellaGr , who started this adventure with me on 2016. She is the source and inspiration of most of the things I do as a Local Guide, so I think this should be publicly acknowledged. Thanks Antonella

Caption: Flying hearts - Photo @ermestCaption: Flying hearts - Photo @ermest

Than I want to say thank you to @TraciC and @CorrieinNYC . In the fall of 2016 they welcomed me into this community with open arms, encouraging me to continue. I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for them.

I want to say "Thank You" to @JaneBurunina , for the courage and the ability to face life.

And I want to say Thanks to @KarenVChin , the volcano of energy and ideas that always push me to move forward, but also the friend that is sharing with me most of my activity in this community.

ermest_1-1663758172571.png

I want to thanks @Kwiksatik for the support in my "visionary" projects,

I wants to thank @Erna_LaBeau representing all the Local Guides who are contributing to Accessible Life, for believing so much in this idea and for making it real.

I wants to tag @DavidTito representing all the Local Guides who are contributing to Local guides clean the world, for the endless support.

I want to thanks and welcome @Shaheen_Gul for the energy she's potting in everything she's doing. She gives me hope for the future.

I wants to say thank you to this whole community, yes, including you that are always complaining about something, because all together we are improving our knowledge.

Thanks all