USAAirman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The hours keep changing back.

Hello, I'm Leland and I'm a level 4 local guide.

Question for all,

Why do the hours I change, for example, say Olive Garden, say the hours are set to 6 am to 9 pm and then I change the hours to the correct hours of 10 am to 7 pm (I'm just throwing this out there.)

I'll even verify the photos, by taking a photo of the hours, and even looking it up and see if it's on their website and I'll add a screenshot of the hours from the website to google maps. So the hours I add are correct. Then a week or two later I'll check and see if the hours are still the same. Then I'll notice that the hours have been changed back right to the wrong hours all over again. 

So I do it all over again, correct the hours (more than once I've had to redo the same hours). And again it gets changed right back....now I feel like google maps does not even trust me anymore when it comes to hours because both locations on the hours are "pending" now.

Do I keep doing this, or just change the hours once, and not worry about them anymore?

Thanks,

Leland

Nashville, TN, United States
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: The hours keep changing back.

Hi @USAAirman i have similar issue with some photos for a business that are grabbed by Google from a review site. No matter how many times i report as unrelated (as the listing has the same name but it's in a different part of the world): they will always re-appear.

I can suppose that, somewhere in web, there is a website that lists this business with these hours, and this website is really a authoritative for Google.

So a BOT, somewhere, grab this site and the wrong hours.

I suggest to you to search around for keywords related to this business and the wrong hours, and see what jumps out; then, if you find the original wrong hours, contact the owner/manager of the site and ask for a correction.

I know, seems long and not easy, but maybe this could be the only way.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hey @USAAirman, thank you so much for sharing your matter with us. This is the way how the improvement happens. About pending issues since I am also a same guide like you and my contributions are also in pending so I suggest you not to take this issue personally. Contributions are reviewed before being posted. those contributions which people seek more are approving in faster rate than those which are less viewed. Some contributions are applied within a minute and some still remain pending throughout the year too. I hope you got what I mean. Also, in my experience, while adding places too the places with detail information like phone number, website, working hour etc. are applied faster. Only the patience works well with satisfaction.

About changing times, did this happen to single place ? It may be someone is changing the time in previous time. For me if you can provide link of the place of error then it would be easier to understand a bit better.

I hope any of these wonderful persons @YK1001@ErmesT@LucioV@Corrie@TraciC@YanniY, ...  will address your problem.

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time with us. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @USAAirman, what @BishowvijayaP sed is correct, a lot of edits remain with the "pending" status for a long time, and sometime get "not applied" It happens to everyone.

This place was "not applied" a week ago, after a pending status of three month 😞

NA.JPG

Level 10
Solution

Hi @USAAirman i have similar issue with some photos for a business that are grabbed by Google from a review site. No matter how many times i report as unrelated (as the listing has the same name but it's in a different part of the world): they will always re-appear.

I can suppose that, somewhere in web, there is a website that lists this business with these hours, and this website is really a authoritative for Google.

I suggest to you to search around for keywords related to this business and the wrong hours, and see what jumps out; then, if you find the original wrong hours, contact the owner/manager of the site and ask for a correction.

Cheers.

Level 8

Thank you @BishowvijayaP
Well I've noticed that everytime i try to add Bargain Hunt, it pretty much automatically tells me it's not applied. I'm trying a different approach now. I'm going to see if I can't re open "Staples" even though "Staples" is closed, and if some odd reason they "open" it, then I can change the nane of Staples to the correct bussiness with is Bargain Hunt then I'll verify the rest later.
Now the hours that we are speaking of, two locations, a TGIF Fridays and a Costco that I'm dealing with. the TGIF Fridays hours keep changing back to the old hours, then i fix it, then weeks later it comes back with the wrong hours all over again.
It just got published both, TGIF and Costco to the correct hours again just today, but I'm afraid they won't stay there. 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Costco+Wholesale/@36.2435827,-86.9376307,10z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sc...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/TGI+Fridays/@36.294853,-86.7027751,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x886443829...
Both places have the correct hours now, you can see in the reviews where i even added the correct photo of the hours in my review of TGIF Fridays and Costco. 
Sorry if this isn't making much sense at the moment, I've had a long day and I'm tired. ha.
Leland

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Hey @USAAirman, thank you so much for sharing your matter with us. This is the way how the improvement happens. About pending issues since I am also a same guide like you and my contributions are also in pending so I suggest you not to take this issue personally. Contributions are reviewed before being posted. those contributions which people seek more are approving in faster rate than those which are less viewed. Some contributions are applied within a minute and some still remain pending throughout the year too. I hope you got what I mean. Also, in my experience, while adding places too the places with detail information like phone number, website, working hour etc. are applied faster. Only the patience works well with satisfaction.

About changing times, did this happen to single place ? It may be someone is changing the time in previous time. For me if you can provide link of the place of error then it would be easier to understand a bit better.

I hope any of these wonderful persons @YK1001@ErmesT@LucioV@Corrie@TraciC@YanniY, ...  will address your problem.

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time with us. 🙂

Level 8

Thank you Sir. @ErmesT
Leland
@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @USAAirman, what @BishowvijayaP sed is correct, a lot of edits remain with the "pending" status for a long time, and sometime get "not applied" It happens to everyone.

This place was "not applied" a week ago, after a pending status of three month 😞

NA.JPG

Level 8

I thnk this might be the answer, @LucioV. I didn't think about this before, but you might be right, a google bot might be coming back behind me and seeing the hours are wrong, and fixing them...by looking at websites etc, then making the changes itself. 

Anyone else agree with this?

Also I'll try what you said, and I'll see if I can't contact Costco and or TGIF Fridays and see what i can do about that.

Leland

@LucioV wrote:

Cheers.

Level 9
Level 9

@LelandJ wrote:

I'm going to see if I can't re open "Staples" even though "Staples" is closed, and if some odd reason they "open" it, then I can change the nane of Staples to the correct bussiness with is Bargain Hunt then I'll verify the rest later.

Hi @USAAirman

I see you posted the same question on someone else's thread, so I'll repeat my reply here too: reopening a closed Staples store to rename it Bargain Hunt is definitely the wrong thing to do. It can create serious issues down the line, the obvious and most visible problems will be that old photos and reviews will be carried over from one business to another. However behind the scenes there may be other data feeding into the listing, so even if we think a switch has been initially successful, some details may revert later. 

Level 10

Dear LelandJ,

Hope all's well with you.

Pending, approved, denied, reverted isn't personal. Suggested edits give a licence to Google, as in, "Your Content in our Services." https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/policies/terms/#toc-content

Suggest an edit, move forward. 😃

Kind regards from Osaka78