Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur - Taste that Lingers

Thunder Cafe is the Go-To place on the Rankala lakefront of Kolhapur.

They are famous for their cold coffee and sandwiches, though many other food items were seen to fill the menu.

I was here on the evening last Sunday when a cool breeze was flowing over the famous Lake Rankala.

01 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur01 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur

They have limited reserved parking and some free street side parking too.

The menu could be accessed immediately as I parked the car outside, which was very helpful.

02 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur02 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur

The ordering desk looked only a bit busy with necessary notices like 'self-service', and Google Pay was accepted.

03 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur03 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur

This is the view looking inside-out showing plenty of seating space outdoors as well which was mostly empty since I went there near to closing hours.

04 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur04 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur

In compliance with their name the wall decor had a huge poster showing a lightening thunder that looked awesome!

Also seen below is their signature cold coffee that tasted heavenly, but the quantity was too less.

05 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur05 - Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur

With the taste still lingering on my taste buds, I will certainly visit here on my next trip to the historic city of Kolhapur.

🚌 How to Reach

From the SambhajiNagar Bus Stand, this hotel is Rupees 50 by auto.

🏡 Where to Stay

I stayed in the Hotel Shlok, which is not very far from the Palace, and also conveniently located close to the New Palace.

Accessibility

Accessibility is limited in this cafe.

🏝 Top Tourist Places in Kolhapur

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
4 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur - Taste that Lingers

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Es sieht hübsch dort aus und kalten Kaffee, hier heißt es Eiskaffee, trinke ich auch öfters.

Level 10

Re: Thunder Cafe in Kolhapur - Taste that Lingers

@Tushar_Suradkar Kolhapur's culinary delight Thunder Cafe by the serene Rankala lake seems to be a treat to the foodie. Catchy report! 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Level 8

It seems a nice cafe. And location in front of Rankala lake is attractive. I will visit whenever I will be in Kolhapur. Thanks for sharing @Tushar_Suradkar 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar  the cafe appears to be well-designed, and the menu board offers wonderful alternatives. The thunder painting on the wall is eye-catching

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner