AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (September 2021)

Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Photo of Bar Basso uploaded onto Google Maps on 2014-07-15 and showing star views of 2,264,154 as at 2022-04-02Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Photo of Bar Basso uploaded onto Google Maps on 2014-07-15 and showing star views of 2,264,154 as at 2022-04-02

Thank you @AdamGT for your kind words. 

...and of course, I'm happy to correct the star photo screenshot, so here we are!

Fun fact: Bar Basso is famous for its Negroni sbagliato (wrong, erronous Negroni) cocktails.

Thanks for your help! 

balázs / passionate traveller / map freak / architect
Connect Moderator

Well done @turaibalazs that is so much better, even an architect would have to agree 😉  For those interested in seeing the progression of @turaibalazs's entry on the star photos leaderboards, here's a trail:

1. The start photo of Bar Basso started here. It meets the mandatory requirements: nice and large and clear photo, clearly showing the star views, all necessary details are provided!  Yes it's ready to be added onto the next update of the leaderboards!
  2. Minor "optional" suggestions were made here to improve the layout. @turaibalazs didn't have to do this as it was all optional.  Bar Basso is ready to be added to the leaderboards so why bother?
  3. Well, agreeing to make the suggested changes this is the final result, It's so much cleaner, so much so that it will now be featured in the next update of the star photos leaderboards!!!
  4. Can @turaibalazs do more?  Well yes I believe there's more that @turaibalazs could do, but again this is all optional 🙂  I sense that there's a Travel or Local Story story or even perhaps a Food & Drinks story here about Bar Basso.  From the decor and furnishing it looks like an upmarket bar.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't!  How did @turaibalazs come to visit here?  Was this a holiday or business trip?  Was the visit on a special occasion?  Tell us more about the offerings here at Bar Basso.  What goes into making the famous Negroni sbagliato cocktails etc etc etc.  There's a lot of potential here for an interesting story and for creating your own Star Photo post, just saying 😉
Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Re: How to read and join the Leaderboards

Hi @LaurieDesAutels 

With an impressive 2.2m+ views, this looks like an entry for the Top 100 Star Photos Leaderboards so I'm just letting you know that I'm going to move it to the current star photos post however, to complete your entry you must follow the How to join steps mentioned here. If you have any questions or need any help at all then just ask.

Level 6

amankkush_0-1636234391354.png

Caption: A screenshot of a photo of Bell Tower, NC State University uploaded onto Google Maps on Aug 2019 and showing the star views as at 19550193 using my phone (Local Guide @amankkush )

Level 7

achrislive_0-1636511678711.png

A screenshot of a photo of University of Kigali uploaded onto Google Maps on October 2019 and showing the star views as at 454195  ( Local Guide @achrislive )

Achrislive
Level 7

achrislive_0-1636511858468.png

Star photo by @achrislive . Uploaded on Maps on 17 Oct 2019. Star views as at 10 Nov 2021

Achrislive
Level 7

achrislive_0-1636512308571.png

Star photo by @achrislive  Uploaded on Maps on 17 Oct 2019. Star views as at 10 Nov 2021

Achrislive
Connect Moderator

Hi @achrislive 

Welcome to the Star Photos leaderboards. I'm just letting you know that to keep things better organized I am going to move your post and the one following from here and to the September (being the current) Star Photos post.

Level 9

IMG_20211115_113556.jpg

@AdamGT Thanks a lot for your awesome post . You are a true local guide helping millions of people through Google maps and also through local guides connect. Hoping for the great articles from you in upcoming days. Lots of love from India. Thanks to maps for this great visits timeline.

IMG_20211115_114730.jpg

 Great friends made through Local guides connect portal across Globe. Cheers to all LGC member's. I am happy to share with you all that I Joined Google maps in 2015 as a map maker to make maps better in terms of availability of information.

Bk gajendra
Level 9

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

IMG_20211115_113556.jpg

 Bangalore Palace Uploaded to google Maps on 24th aug 2016. Almost 10,00,000 views on this beautiful picture. My user ID @BK_GAJENDRA 

Thanks to you for your great post @AdamGT 

IMG_20211115_114730.jpg

 Thanks to Maps as it is very easy to remember our travel dates and memories.

Bk gajendra