AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to read and join the Leaderboards

Thanks for your comments @BK_GAJENDRA and welcome to the Top 100 leaderboards. You almost did everything correctly, in fact, I would give you 9/10 and I will explain shortly. In the meantime, I need to let you know that I am going to move your star photo entry to the current star photo leaderboard post where you should have posted it. 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Hello @BK_GAJENDRA further to my previous message, this second star photo entry that you have made is also in the wrong place so I'm letting you know that I am going to move it to the current star photo leaderboard post. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

@BK_GAJENDRA you have entered the wrong star photo link in your data entry and now that I have moved your star photo entry to the right place, you need to revisit your data entry and, with the aid of the documentation and the information on the data entry form itself see if you can work out and then enter the correct link.  It's best that you do this yourself rather than me simply telling you what the correct link is because I believe this will help you in future.  

Level 9

1639473464693.jpg

Captured by Motorola Moto G

Connect Moderator

Hi @oviabhi and welcome to the Top 100 Leaderboards. You did really well and your star photo is interesting. However you've added it in the wrong place so I'm letting you know that I am going to move it to the current star photos leaderboard post.  Because of this you will need to use your data entry form to update the link to the new location and you will need to do this before you can be added to the star photos leaderboard post.  Also, where you've written "views as at 3193956" in your caption this should be "views as at date" where date is the date that you took the screenshot.

Level 8

Re: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (September 2021)

A screenshot of a photo of Lower House Farm uploaded onto Google Maps in March 2019 and showing the star views 1,835,875 (Local Guide @dave26)A screenshot of a photo of Lower House Farm uploaded onto Google Maps in March 2019 and showing the star views 1,835,875 (Local Guide @dave26)

This is the battery recycling bin at Lower House Farm recycling centre. The staff at the recycling centre protect their privacy. This photo was the feature photo for Lower House Farm for a year or so. The current feature photo for Lower House Farm is another of my photos of the recycling bins and it is catching up fast! Recycling is a labour of love for me!!! 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Dave26.  I too am big on recycling. If we all do our little part then this planet will be a lot healthier.  Here in Melbourne we take our batteries to the supermarket which is really convenient.  I have to add though, I've always wondered how they recycle batteries.

Edited: Also, I only just noted that (1) your screenshot doesn't actually show the star views which it must so you'll need to fix this and (2) in your caption you have written "showing the star views 1,835,875" however what you need to say here is "showing the star views as at mm/dd/yyyy", entering whatever date you took the screenshot.  If you need to see examples of this then revisit the leaderboard documentation or just click on the category of any of the entries on any of the leaderboards such as this one.  There are reasons why this is how it must be done.

Level 6

@Dave26 Fantastic photo!  Your photo might steer people into finding out about battery recycling in their areas, as well as looking into other types of recycling.

"Start by going what is necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
Francis of Assisi
Level 7

Screenshot_20211118-224928_Maps.jpg

I enjoy reviewing food and drink establishments. @AdamGT  Please accept my STAR PHOTO SUBMISSION: a screenshot of a photo I took while enjoying a Moe T's Pepperoni and Bacon Pizza,  uploaded onto Google Maps on March 6, 2021 and showing an impressive 446,365 views, in only 8 months.

Thank you

(Local Guide@Sviller )

Alan Duffy
Connect Moderator

Welcome to the Top 100 Leaderboards @Sviller and you did really well, only something minor for you to check 😉  When you have a moment check your entry for the number of photos in both Question 12 and 13. Now I'm not saying the value you've entered is wrong but I'm saying you should check this and it will only take a few seconds to do. If you do need to update your entry then it's easy to do, just use your data entry form and if you need more help then the How to Edit or Update your data in Section 5.3 of the documentation is a good place to start.