Gezendunyali's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Train travels

737EBDCB-D5F8-403C-AAD6-0A88A5D31F35.jpeg

Hello friends. I'm sure we all love to travel. In general, I don't like to use private vehicles on long trips. I like to use planes, train and ferries instead. So which of these do I like the most?  train.yes, it will be interesting to some of you. I seem to hear the question of why not a plane.

But I guess the answer to this question is purely pleasure. Train travel always makes me very happy. Watching out the window while sipping my coffee is a great feeling. Normally, the plane is the fastest and most comfortable transportation, but if I prefer train, I always choose the train.

I think the location of my country has a very important place in this. Traveling has become much more enjoyable with the increasing speed trains recently. I wanted to share with you a turkey travel blog that I took myself.

I set off from the capital city of Ankara. The train station here has just been built and has incredibly easy access. There are many shops and a hotel in the train station where you can stay.
Train stationTrain station

After staying at the hotel for one night, I immediately went down to the train station. this is very comfortable.

Otel LobbyOtel Lobby

My current goal is a european tour by train this summer. A train from istanbul first to Sofia and then my imagination.. Yes, I hope in summer I will contact many of my local guide friends in Europe and you are close to the train station. We will drink our coffee together and talk about local guides. I will organize the train local guides meeting.

My friends in Europe will be ready to pick me up from a station in the summer☺️

And what type of transportation do you like?

YHT GAR
https://maps.app.goo.gl/mqqDBgATC9e8ynTt5?g_st=ic

Ankara, Türkiye
24 comments
Level 2

Re: Train travels

wow what is the speed limit that train ?

Level 8

Same here @Gezendunyali I too prefer train than plane wherever possible. I like to travel by train for long hours rather than sometime hectic long hours security checks and short hours journey. It is beneficial for environment too. Your photos are great. I have never visited other countries. But it’s very exciting for me to have experience to travel by other countries train system. In India my favourite train is Mumbai Delhi Rajdhani Express. It’s best train in India for this route. Thanks for sharing this topic.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

Ynt: Train travels

I remember it was 220 km ☺️ @Teacherandmom 

Level 10

Hi @Rohan10 thank you for comment and great to agree☺️. actually everyone with a traveling spirit would prefer the train. My youtuber friend of mine is in india right now. he went to amristara on a sleeper train. people were very friendly and smiling. seemed a bit crowded but I would definitely like to try train travel in india.

Level 8

@Gezendunyali please you are most welcome 😀

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Hello @Gezendunyali 

I travel around West Africa so much and travelling is part of life for me as a missionary. I have gone around about 10 countries in West Africa. I travel quite frequently too. Most travels are by commercial transport companies not private.

I love travelling by road,especially on some of these big luxurious buses. It's often very comfortable,fully air conditioning of course. Sometimes nice slow soft good meaningful music playing in the background.

Now I'll also like to mention that in these countries of ours,Travelling by train is not an option because we haven't that mode of travel in most or all these countries.

Travelling by road is a good option and the cheapest but again we haven't very good roads. You have to also think about the insecurity issues that looms in most West African countries. Nevertheless that option we use alot and I do as well.

Lastly by air. It's quite expensive and could be delayed and also have other unforseen complications. I like your post and thank you for sharing the post with us.

N.B I used the term travelling and what I mean is inter country and interstate travels rather than just within a city or town.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

@Gezendunyali guaaaa que genial post 👍.

Si es por llegar rápido uso el vion pero para disfrute no se compara con nada el tren, ahora que lo pienso todos los dias lo uso para ir a trabajar.

Saludos maxi 🇦🇷

Level 10

Ynt: Train travels

You welcome @Rohan10 ☺️🙏🏻

Level 10

hello @SholaIB , you wrote a great answer. In general, the transportation option changes according to the conditions of the country. But I would definitely like to try it in Africa. The roads and train lines in my country are quite new and developing. But the trains I like the most are in Japan. I hope I can make my dream European train trip☺️🙏🏻