cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Trip To Uttrakhand Part - 2

जय श्री नारायण 🙏🕉

1000247428.jpg

If you haven't read the first part, enjoy it first.  

1st -   My-Trip-To-Devbhoomi-Uttrakhand  

After visiting Shri Kedarnath Dham and having darshan of Lord Shiva, we leave from Gaurikund in our cab on the night of 19th September. The next stop of our journey was Shri Badrinath Dham, on the evening of 20th we are in Badrinath Dham. Next morning we go to Shri Badrinath Temple to see the idol of Lord Vishnu. 

Information about the temple and location is given below. 

1000247710.jpg

This divine Shri Badrinath temple is situated on the banks of Alaknanda River in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. According to the Puranas, in ancient times Lord Shiva used to meditate here but one day Lord Vishnu came here to meditate at this place.Lord Shri Hari Vishnu was engrossed in meditation and was completely covered with snow, so seeing him in this state, Goddess Lakshmi felt sad. Goddess Lakshmi took the form of a plum tree and started bearing all the snowfall on herself. From Dwapara Yuga, people started seeing the idol of Lord Vishnu here.

The present temple was renovated by Adi Guru Shankaracharya in the 8th century. 

This Temple   is dedicated to Lord Vishnu , It is one of the 108 holy places dedicated to Lord Vishnu.This temple remains closed from November to March due to heavy snowfall and people get to see the idol between April and November.There is a hot pond near Shri Badrinath Dham on the banks of river Alaknanda from where a stream of hot water flows. Devotees go for darshan after taking bath in it.After seeing the idol of Lord Vishnu, a wonderful peace is provided to the mind.Here you can go by car and after walking some distance you will reach the temple. Helicopter facility is also available here.

Instagram - satyam__modanwal_ 

1000247429.jpg

Location - Shri Badrinath Temple

Location - Tapta Kund

Location - Bheem Pul 

Location - Saraswati River Origin  

Location - Mana Village  

Location - God's Footprints  

Location - Haridwar Railway Station  

To reach here, you will get trains from Haridwar and Rishikesh. It is cold here, so these people wear woolen clothes only. After going about 3 kilometers further from here, there is a village named Mana , which is a frontier village of India, where you will also find India's first tea shop. On the other side of the mountains, there is Chinese occupation. While going to Kedarnath, the Pandavas had made a path by placing a stone here, which is today known as Bhimpul. Here, the path made by the Pandavas to go to heaven is also called Swargarohini. Here is the origin of Saraswati river which merges into the earth after a few meters. I don't have more pictures here. If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

Jai Shri Narayan 🙏

Hopefully the next part of my travelogue will come soon.

Badrinath, Uttarakhand, India
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Trip To Uttrakhand Part - 2

Hi @NomadicSatyam 

The post is really well written and well composed with the ancient story. 

However, I could not find about which temple you are telling the story about. It seems that you have missed to mention the name of the temple. 

Level 8

@NomadicSatyam que buen post disfrute leerlo! Muy bueno sigue así. Saludos 

Level 10

Nicely presented post, dear @NomadicSatyam 

As asked by @NandKK, what is the name of the Temple?

Also give around 6 clearly visible photos, then add collages if you have more... Collages are too small to excite a viewer...

Hope you will EDIT & do the needful.

Regards 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Now it looks very good... 

Appreciate your efforts and dedication, dear @NomadicSatyam

Lord Badrinath Bless you...

🙏🙏‌.

My dear @NandKK, kindly revisit... He was edited it... Great! 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Yes... Indeed ... the changes seems very well... Now the story as well as post completes.. 

Thank you @NomadicSatyam  for editing and making it easy for our readers. Thank you sir, for highlighting and pinpointing @ @TravellerG . Your guidance was very needful. 

Level 8

Well composed post, @NomadicSatyam

We really appreciate your efforts as a Google LG. Please continue your excellent journey as a LG and help fellow travellers with important information about the places.

Saumya Prakash Mishra
A true Local Guide
Level 10

Most welcome dear @NandKK...

Like you, our @NomadicSatyam is very inquisitive and has a great flair to learn - love his attitude at this young age..

God bless... 

🙏💐👌

Level 10

Thank you sir @TravellerG 

Will love to meet @NomadicSatyam in any meetup. 

Level 10

Most sincerely, @NandKK

🙏