TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unable to add “Reviews/Photos to BIAL Terminal 2”; also unable to add other PoIs - TravellerG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Photo #1; Caption: A photo of the interior of BIIAL Terminal 2

Dear Friends,

As you may know, Bangalore Airport is the 3rd busiest in India. The Kempegowda International Airport (Bengaluru, India), Terminal 2 was inaugurated on 11th November 2023; unfortunately, this has not been added to Google Maps, so far - also, many important locations (PoIs) like Departure Gates, Arrival Gates (Domestic and International), Departure dropping point (the bay has serial numbers 1 to 3), Arrival pick-up point (the bay has serial numbers 1 to 12), Lounges, etc (many more) are missing. These are very important reference points for the public… right?

Important:

• There is a Terminal 2 (Here) - (like a ‘Polygon’?) the same cannot be used for adding reviews!
  • Result: People are going on adding photos & reviews of Terminal 2 (& other Terminal 2 PoIs) in Terminal 1, creating ‘Heaps of Spam’!
  • As Local Guides, my friend and I have tried to add different PoIs (Restaurants, Shops, etc.) here - but we are unable to add any of them! (tried from the site and off-site).

I am adding a few photos of Terminal 2 and you may notice that many similar photos have been added to Terminal 1 (Here)

Photo #2; Caption: Departure Dropping Bay with Serial Number 1 & 2.

Photo #3; Caption: Photo showing the Domestic Departure board.

Photo #4; Caption: We tried adding these PoIs and failed.

Kindly do the needful and also guide us on how to add other shops etc.

Can I assist you in providing any more details?

Note: My ‘Edit Session’ has many of these locations marked “Not Accepted”.

@DeniGu @MortenCopenhagen @ErmesT 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

9 comments
Level 7

Re: Unable to add “Reviews/Photos to BIAL Terminal 2”; also unable to add other PoIs - TravellerG

Ik kan me vergissen, maar volgens mij kan je in een treinstation ook niet de perrons toevoegen. Volgens mij zou hier een interne plattegrond van de luchthaven een betere manier zijn om dit te ontsluiten. Bij winkels met meerdere ingangen, kan je die ook niet apart toevoegen, volgens mij. De luchthaven is een poi, is, net als een treinstation een dienst van openbaar vervoer, dus kunnen wij als local guide daar niet zomaar iets aan wijzigen.

Als er in die luchthaven een restaurantje of winkel =tax free is, zou je dat normaal wel moeten kunnen aanduiden, net zoals je in een shoppincenter winkels kan toevoegen. Maar dat lijkt mij het enige dat wij kunnen doen. @DeniGu: misschien kunt u de situatie beter uitleggen of uitklaren wat mogelijk is en wat niet?

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Level 10

Re: Unable to add “Reviews/Photos to BIAL Terminal 2”; also unable to add other PoIs - TravellerG

Thank you very much for joining us in this discussion, LG friend, @KattyGeltmeyer 

I'm in full agreement with many of your points; kindly allow me to explain the other points:

"...add the platforms in a train station..."

I have done this (in India) in the past, please.

"...we as local guides cannot simply change anything..."

I am not asking to allow me to add/change any PoI; instead requesting the authorities to add a BIAL Terminal 2 so that the public will benefit; also, the spam happening in Terminal 1 will stop.

"...a restaurant or shop = tax-free in that airport, you should normally be able to indicate that, just like you can add shops in a shopping centre..."
Yes, that is what I have requested - we have tried but we could not.

I hope, you are clear... thanks - now, I have tried to explain the 'Restaurant' point more clearly.

Once again thanks for your valuable companionship. 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Hi @TravellerG 

What you call Terminal 1 is actually the entire airport and not terminal 1.

Terminal 2 is not a fully formed poi.

Only two businesses are Located here. Strangely I see photos added to the terminal 2 pin even though it is not possible to add photos. People must be using the work around or things have changed.

I'm not sure if the solution is to get the Terminal 2 pin fixed or if it is better to keep the airport as one pin.  Currently it has 143K+ reviews. So it will be way too much work to split all the older contributions on to correct terminals. So I think having one pin would be best.

Let us see if @Flash could enlighten us on this.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 7

Als de plaats geclaimd is, dan denk ik dat onze bewegingsvrijheid beperkt is qua dingen wijzigen of toevoegen. Luchthavens, treinstations etc. lijken me nu net plaatsen waar wij als locale gebruiker niet veel aan kunnen veranderen.

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Level 10

Dear friend, @MortenCopenhagen Ji....
Thank you for your quick response and detailed reply.

"...What you call Terminal 1 is actually the entire airport and not terminal 1..."
Sorry, currently (locally) here it is known as Terminal 1 and the flight tickets issued also show it as Terminal 1 and the tickets of 2nd Terminal show it as Terminal 2.

(I can provide proof if needed).

Including International Emigration facilities, Terminal 2 is fully functional. There are many shops and facilities also and a few are registered/added too. 

Hope this will clear your doubts?

Of course, eagerly waiting for the suggestions/solutions by our moderator @Flash 

Regards to all...

Level 9

@TravellerG 

Ist es nicht möglich in Gesamtübersicht die unterschiedlichen Bereiche 1 und 2 zu kennzeichnen 

Connect Moderator

@TravellerG 

Kindly consider the amount of work needed to clean up the main POI for the airport should your wish be granted. Being realistic about what kinds and magnitudes of tasks for volunteers is necessary.  I'm not questioning the relevance of having the terminals correctly shown, but the strategy for how to fix it. 

Looking at other airports I find that such inconsistencies are quite frequent. It becomes a HUGE undertaking to fix issues when the naming is not clear from the start and there is no consensus on the relevance of splitting one airport into more terminals. 

Honestly, it is not a realistic job for volunteers to do this kind of work. And we do not have the proper tools to do it. We can make all the needed changes, but a huge proportion will not be approved.

In my view, the best solution would be if the airport decided to undertake the cleaning job and add proper indoor maps for the airport including both terminals. 

You can read about Google Indoor Maps here

Only property owners and their authorized representatives can upload floor plans as mentioned here.

Indoor Maps are only available in the areas listed here.  And yes, India is on the list. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 10

Yes, dear friend @MortenCopenhagen Ji for your detailed response - highly appreciate and thank you very much. 

I'm sure that you are right...

I just brought this point to the notice... That is all. 

I shall go through the links you have provided... Thanks for the same.

Most sincerely,

🙏

Level 10

Thanks for your comment, dear friend @Annaelisa.

Regards