Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Updates became part of the Reviews tab!

Hi all,

In a recent change on the app, the Photo Updates became part of the Reviews tab, too. If you arrange reviews based on "Newest" or scroll down the default arrangement, you will see photo updates that contain Caption, too! The Photo Updates, still are available through the Updates tab.

Updates in Reviews.jpg

This was an unexpected change to me and an unwanted one! In my opinion, while the ability to add different overall reviews in different months is very good, the Reviews tab should belong to the general views of a user about a place to get overall information to users, not simple words and short phrases. those are related to Photo Updates. So, placing Photo Updates with brief captions in this section is not appreciated.

I hope this is a test and Google reverts this change. What is your opinion?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Updates became part of the Reviews tab!

Interesting, @Amiran 

I checked and did not find any updates under reviews.

Cheers

Morten

Level 10

Indeed it is good to hear that @MortenCopenhagen 

Personally, I hope this is only a simple test or glitch and doesn't apply as an update to Google Maps.

PS: the user with those photos as updates is a copy-paster 😕

Level 10

To @Amiran  I don't mind it at all, sometimes a POI. may introduce something new ,or something seasonal and I think this may be the right spot for it, But it's not included with or part of reviews, It's a separate entity and for those that use the Explore  function to add videos and photos, I think it makes sense. Again only found on mobile.

Level 10

Thanks for your comment @TerryPG 

Yes, sometimes a POI may introduce something new and it is good to be contained as an Update but we have a specific tab in this case. So, adding them as Reviews seems totally wrong. 

PS: Now, I see this change reverted to the previous status and I can not see any Updates in the Reviews tab. What about you?

Level 10

Hi @Amiran  I never did see it as part of reviews and I am wondering if it was a glitch of some sort based on the server that services your part of the world. either way glad it's gone for you.