AnubhaBangia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Vegetarian Awareness Month - Celebrated, Cooked & Baked Vegetarian Dishes!

Hello Everyone!

Greetings of the day!

It is been a long due post from my end and want to share with everyone how I celebrated October Days - The Vegetarian Awareness Month and would also share with you all reasons why I focus on veg dishes more. 

Post Banner Creatives - Anubha BangiaPost Banner Creatives - Anubha Bangia

1. I started the celebration from the Diya Restaurant at "The Leela, Ambience Mall", Gurugram City. To feast myself with fine dining experience. I was served with different flavors fryums (an Indian Snack).

Crispy and Flavorful Fryums (an Indian Snack)Crispy and Flavorful Fryums (an Indian Snack)

I ordered Amritsari Stuffed Kulcha (which is the Indian Bread stuffed with Indian Cottage Cheese and Indian Spices)

Amritsari Kulcha with Chilled Curd with Black Pepper .Amritsari Kulcha with Chilled Curd with Black Pepper .

Time for some sweet dish . I ordered their special curated Indian Inspired Rose Flavor Ice-cream.  

Indian Inspired Rose Flavor Ice-CreamIndian Inspired Rose Flavor Ice-Cream

2. I celebrated Navratri (which is a 9 day Indian Festival, celebrated with fasting food, worshipping God and Goddesses and doing prayers, dances, get-togethers) at Seasonal Tastes Restaurant, Westin Gurugram City, again giving myself a fine dining experience. I ordered their Navratri Thali which is pure fasting and Vegetarian Thali. It has 11 veg dishes with only basic spices and vegetables with two sweet dishes and one buttermilk drink. 

Navratri Thali - at Seasonal Tastes -Westin Gurugram CityNavratri Thali - at Seasonal Tastes -Westin Gurugram City

Now, moving on with more veg dishes, I did cooking and baking at home. Sharing with you all what I cooked: 

1. I gave Bun Bread a new twist with layer of Mix Fruit Jam and Butter (sprinkled with Black pepper) and made it to a tea time snack. 

Home Cooking - Bun Bread with Layer of Jam and ButterHome Cooking - Bun Bread with Layer of Jam and Butter

2. It is time of some fresh vegetable salad. I mixed all the vegetables in one small bowl with Cucumber, Tomatoes, Winter White Radish, Onions and lemon. I sprinkled some black pepper and Winter White Radish Leaves for extra green color. 

Home Cooking - Vegetable Salad BowlHome Cooking - Vegetable Salad Bowl

3. I baked veg sandwich with two layers of cheese and tomatoes. Calling it a double cheese tomato sandwich. It came out fresh and crispy. 

Home Cooking - Double Cheese Tomato SandwichHome Cooking - Double Cheese Tomato Sandwich

4. Its time for some sweet corn which I cooked in slow steam with mild butter and salt. I sprinkled Indian Masala with Coriander Leaves and slice of lemon. It tasted tangy and sweet. 

Home Cooking - Sweet CornHome Cooking - Sweet Corn

5. I baked veg pancake (eggless) and garnished it with butter, honey and dried berries. It tasted sweet, salty and super light. 

Home Cooking - Veg Pancake (Eggless)Home Cooking - Veg Pancake (Eggless)

6. It is now time for some oil free snack, a Moong Dal Chilla (Indian Mung Bean Pancake) made with husked and split mung lentils. It is highly nutritious, filling and very light. I ate it with spicy tomato sauce. Cooked it lightly on both side with few drops of oil. 

Home Cooking - Indian Mung Bean PancakeHome Cooking - Indian Mung Bean Pancake

7. It is time for some home made fruit drink. I made a fresh mango drink which came out so refreshing and full of freshness. 

Home Cooking - Mango Fruit DrinkHome Cooking - Mango Fruit Drink

Now, why I focus my diet more on vegetarian dishes: 

• Deliciousness: The veg dishes can be curated with lots of combinations, giving a new touch and taste, each time you cook or bake. 
  • High Fiber Rich: The freshness of fruits and vegetables adds fiber to our daily nutrition values. The fibers are light on our stomach and metabolism. It also increases the stamina and activity of our body. 
  • One step closer to environment and sustainability: Increasing the vegetarian dishes in our diets adds value and respect towards our nature and its natural living components. 
  • Healthy Facts : Vegetarian Dishes are high in Vitamins, minerals, calcium, proteins and much more, which is easy on our stomach and metabolism. 

Do let me know what is your most favorite vegetarian Dish? I would love to hear from everyone! 

Hoping this vegetarian post and my cooking would give you all a veg vibes. 

Tagging my fellow Local Guides for reviews and inputs : 

@TravellerG @NareshDarji @Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite @Anil6969 @FalguniP @HinalLad @Shrut19 @Gurukrishnapriya @Tejal 

Happy Reading!

Happy Travelling!

Gurugram, Haryana, India
54 comments
Level 7

Re: Vegetarian Awareness Month - Celebrated, Cooked & Baked Vegetarian Dishes!

@AnubhaBangia 

Love vegetarian foods 

All the dishes looks very yummy 😋

Thanks for sharing

Level 8

Thank you @AnubhaBangia for sharing your celebration of Vegetarian Awareness Month with us. Your post is not only informative but also a treat for the senses with all the delicious dishes you shared. It's wonderful to see how you have incorporated vegetarian options in your dining out and cooking at home. The pictures are mouthwatering and definitely give a "veg vibes" as you said. You have highlighted some great reasons to focus on vegetarian dishes, from their deliciousness and high fiber content to their positive impact on the environment. It's heartening to see that you are not only promoting a healthier lifestyle but also showing respect towards nature and its living components. My favorite vegetarian dish is definitely the Indian Mung Bean Pancake, it looks absolutely delicious and nutritious. Thank you for reminding us to celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month and for inspiring us to stay healthy. This post is really amazing.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 7

Level 10

Wow... very nourishing...

Something to my tired mind...

Thanks dear @AnubhaBangia 

Well...I'm not a fan of icecream... still will try to taste the "Rose" flavour...

I request you to kindly contribute more and be active...

Most sincerely

Your team member...

TG 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Thank you @Rohan10 for reviewing my post! I am super happy that you liked each of the points that I shared and real reason behind it. You caught it! Great! It fills me with great happiness! Thank you for sharing your favorite veg dish! Reviews and Inputs from your side would surely help me improve in my posts on Connect! It means a lot to me! 

Level 7

Thank you @TravellerG for reviewing my post in your most tiring times. It means a lot to me. I am sure you will try few of the veg dishes at home that would surely be nourishing and nutritious. Regards! 

Level 7

Thank you @RoshanPatel for reviewing my post and finding the dishes yummy! Great to know that you love Vegetarian dishes!

Level 9

Indeed being Vegetarian is a blessing I feel. There are lot varieties available , it's a matter how and what you explore. 

Sharing recent unlimited Breakfast I had at one of the place near Vapi.

IMG_20231022_205725.jpg

Selfless Contribtor!!My Local Guide Profile @kinjalchhayaLocal Guide India
Level 9

First of all wish you happy Mahaastami of Navratri @AnubhaBangia to you and all your family members. 

Secondly thanks for sharing such a wonderful vegetarian food its really tempting as you know i am a hard-core Vegetarian. 

And finally i too visited and enjoyed some prasad shairing few glimpses here.

Regards 

Anil 

1000008809.jpg

 this is 200 year old kalibari temple 🛕 in hill of shimla ,also durga puja in chandigarh too enjoying bhog prasad.

1000008839.jpg

 with all my students 

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards