AP2280's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

"Disappointing Experience at Nandadeep Eye Hospital, Kolhapur"

Nandadeep Eye Hospital: A Glimpse of Concerns

Nandadeep Eye Hospital in Kolhapur left me with a mixed bag of impressions. Upon my visit, I was initially pleased with the hospital's cleanliness, the professionalism of the staff, and their efficient use of digital tools. However, as my visit unfolded, I couldn't help but wonder if their primary motive was patient care or profit.

One glaring issue that caught my attention was the hospital's tendency to initiate all procedures from their premises, potentially for financial gains. This raised concerns about the handling of patient data and whether they were genuinely focused on serving the community's eye care needs.

My visit felt rushed, with my treatment taking a mere 15 to 20 minutes. There was a lack of a thorough examination, and it appeared that the hospital was primarily geared towards managing a high volume of patients in the outpatient department. The digital tablets used for patient information seemed more like a fashion statement than a tool for enhancing care.

Moreover, their in-house pharmacy seemed to stock expensive medications, making me question whether they prioritize affordability for patients. The communication within the hospital was also lacking, as I found myself receiving medications without a detailed explanation or proper consultation with the doctor.

I took to Google Reviews to express my concerns, and to my surprise, the hospital reached out to me the following day. They offered to rectify any shortcomings and promised improved service. While this was reassuring, I remained hesitant about returning to the hospital.

In conclusion, my experience at Nandadeep Eye Hospital, Kolhapur, highlights the importance of transparency and patient-centered care in the healthcare industry. While the hospital may have good intentions, addressing these concerns and ensuring that patient care remains the top priority should be their foremost goal. It's crucial for healthcare providers to listen to patient feedback and work towards improving their services to build trust and confidence within the community.

I hope they improve their services in the future to provide better patient experiences.

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: "Disappointing Experience at Nandadeep Eye Hospital, Kolhapur"

Hi @AP2280 

Please be aware that posting this on Connect is not going to be very helpful for you or to other potential customers of the eye doctor. Very few people will be reading your post here on Connect compared to the audience available on Google Maps, and virtually none of your readers here on Connect live in the same country or city as you. 

Please let me know what response you were hoping to get from fellow local guides here on Connect. 

All the best

Morten

Level 7

Hello @MortenCopenhagen 

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I appreciate your perspective on posting here on Connect, and you're absolutely right that Google Maps might reach a broader audience. My intention in sharing my experience here was to seek advice or opinions from fellow local guides who might have insights or suggestions regarding my situation. I value the diverse perspectives this community offers.

Your reminder to consider the platform's reach is noted, and I'll definitely keep that in mind moving forward. I'm hopeful that others might still share their thoughts or experiences related to similar situations, as it can be enlightening to hear different viewpoints.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

A P 

Connect Moderator

Hello again, @AP2280 

Thanks for your very thoughtful response.

It is super legit to ask for advice on your situation and writing your review. 

I can share the following re your review shared here on Connect.

Some time back I wrote a tutorial for suspended LGs. In there I listed some typical review related guideline violations. The post is here:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Common-Review-Violations/td-p/2901625

I think you review of the eye doctor is very close to being a revenge review. 

And also it is way longer that what is realistic for Maps users to read.

In this post you will find some tips on writing good reviews. The length is an issue, but you should also keep in mind that reviews get truncated on Google Maps, so making sure your main point is in the first 1-2 lines will ensure a lot more people will get your main message.

All the best

Morten