Mike_G's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Refer a passionate contributor to join the Road Mapper community

Caption: An illustration of a megaphone depicting an announcement being made.Caption: An illustration of a megaphone depicting an announcement being made.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for continuing to map roads and complete missions via Road Mapper. You have mapped over 1.5 million kilometers of roads and enabled more than 200 million people to navigate with Google Maps. Your contributions have made a real difference in people's lives worldwide.

We're excited to announce that we're opening access to more contributors so that we can continue to improve our maps. There are still many challenges to complete, but we're confident that with your help, we can make Google Maps the best it can be.

As top contributors on this platform, you can help us grow the community. If you know someone who would like to join the Road Mapper community, please refer them via this form. You can refer up to five contributors.

Thank you again for your contributions. We couldn't do it without you!

The Road Mapper team

For more info on Road Mapper, read the Road Mapper FAQs and refer a contributor via this form.

44 comments
Level 8

Re: Refer a passionate contributor to join the Road Mapper community

@Umarmd i am trying to get the access for google road mapper from much more days .

Level 7

It's good be a local guide 

Iamimthiyaz
Connect Moderator

Hello @Mike_G 

Thank you kindly for this opportunity,its quite golden although the referral of 5 is very limited.

I have filled in my quota and referred 5 local guides already!!! If there is a chance to refer more kindly let us know. Thanks

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Googler

Hi @SholaIB 

Sure, just use the form to refer more users. We'll send invites gradually so we can ensure everyone's referrals get's an invite. This also makes sure we don't grow the number of users too quickly to ensure we can continue reviewing all contributions.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Mike_G 

Wow !!! That's good news thank you. I'll not clog up your inbox. I'll go gently buy I'll send more soon all being well.

Hopefully there will be more contributors. I'm busy with my 50k TRAC target on adding new roads  on the maps. We'll be done next month and the next thing I'll plan to get on will be road mappers. 

Thank you for the chance and for your behind the scenes technical work. Have a good day.

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

@Mike_G thank you this update. It is interesting to see how Road Mapper has progressed. I'll make my referrals and hope together we can improve Google Maps for everyone. 

Googler

@SholaIB - Thanks to you & the community for this amazing, impactful contribution!! 

Level 10

@Mike_G 

Thank you for the Post. Please make decisions to give Points or Badges for the Road Mappers. It will be very Encouraging Us . My sincere Request.  WithRegards, 

Ramamoorthy123 

Ramamoorthy123
Connect Moderator

You are welcome @Mike_G 

I am starting to send some more referrals today now. Kindly let me know whatever limit I have. If there are none don't worry replying !

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge