JamesHogg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

20 Hours in Dubai

Hello Local Guides,

On the 14th of May this month I've got a 20hour layover in Dubai on a flight to Tokyo, arriving in Duabi at 07:30AM.  As my time is so short, I was hoping for a few suggestions as to what I can do.  I've been looking at trying to get to the top of the Burj Khalifa.  But I'm more than open to other suggestions :D.

Emu The Bird (James)
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
7 comments
Level 9

Re: 20 Hours in Dubai

Maybe @Carl can assist? He's based in Dubai.

You'll also see that @Julien44 spent a layover in Dubai as well and he described it in this post.

Keep us posted and feel free to share what your adventures were during your layover in this thread. Have fun!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Hi guys,

Thanks for mentionning my post @Shirley.

I am sure @JamesHogg will find a bit of informations in it. If you need some more, don't hesitate to contact. I would be glad to help.

See you around

Jul

Level 6

During the morning time you can go to Burj Khaleefa and go for a desert safari in the after noon. Tour operators will pick you from the city for the safari at around 2 PM and drop you back at 9 PM around.  In mid may it will be hot at the desert though.

Level 5

I'm interested in seeing the answers on this thread too @JamesHogg

I'll be following the responses!

Level 6

I haven't been to Dubai however, heard from family and friends abiut Dubai Aquarium and underwater Zoo. Try visiting these 2 places and share your experience with us.

Level 8

Hey @JamesHogg! if your looking to visit the Burj khalifa, you definitely can spend most of your time around that area! Its better to book the Burj khalifa ticket in advance then you can hang around Dubai mall ( right next to it ). They recently open a new vr park in Dubai mall which looks pretty cool! Will give you a more detailed response in my next message when I get to a computer!

Level 9

Hi everyone,

I apologise for my belated response, tragically I've had to work a shed load of overtime at work, and haven't had chance to get to a PC. 

I'm just looking at @Julien44's thread, and those are some great travel pics! At the moment it looks like the Burj Khalifa will definitely be something that we are looking at doing.

@ManafEdavanakad I've looked into dune buggies as well, they look so cool, and since I love anything with petrol, seems like the perfect activity, but unfortunately my friend can't drive.

@Carl The VR park sounds amazing, but my end destination is Tokyo, and I've already spied a VR Park there :D.

Emu The Bird (James)