KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

How Do You Celebrate Eid UL Fitr in Your Country?

Eid Greetings in Different languages to Local Guides Community:)Eid Greetings in Different languages to Local Guides Community:)

Hello and Eid Mubarak to all Local Guides Community.

In some parts of the world, we're celebrating Eid Ul Fitr 2024 today (Wednesday), while others will celebrate it on Thursday.

Let me quickly explain why Muslims celebrate Eid and what it's all about;

After fasting for 29 or 30 days during Ramadan, Eid Ul Fitr is a special day given by the Almighty to mark the end of this holy month. Ramadan is a time when Muslims fast, do good deeds, and show kindness to others. That's why on Eid Day, Muslims aren't allowed to fast anymore.

Namaz E Eid in Karachi PakistanNamaz E Eid in Karachi Pakistan

Eid celebrations vary in different parts of the world, but two common things everywhere are Fitrana and Eid Prayers.

Let me briefly explain what Fitra and Eid Prayers are all about:

Fitra (Fitrana): Fitra is a charity that Muslims give to the poor a few days before the end of fasting in Ramadan, but it's essential to give it before the Eid Prayers. By giving Fitra, a person shows their devotion to Allah in a more meaningful way during Eid.

Eid Prayers (Salat Ul Fitr) :

Eid prayers, also called Salat-Ul-Eid or Namaz-E-Eid, are special prayers held to celebrate Eid Day, usually in an open space or designated field.

My Eid UL Fitr Day :

For me, my day began with Eid Prayer and a visit to the graveyard to meet our loved ones who are no longer with us, especially my father. I miss him every day, but even more so on occasions like Eid.

Eid Food & HeenaEid Food & Heena

Breakfast : 

On Eid Day, fasting is not allowed, so after Eid Prayers, we begin our day with a traditional Eid breakfast. For this special occasion, our breakfast includes some food items that are closely associated with the name of this Eid, which is also known as "Meethi Eid" or "Sweet Eid."

Our dining tables wouldn't be complete without SheerKhurma and Meethi Siwwaiyaan, along with other breakfast items.

Eid Celebration in Malaysia - Photo Collage by @StephenAbrahamEid Celebration in Malaysia - Photo Collage by @StephenAbraham

Eid UL Fitr in USA - Photo by @SoniaKEid UL Fitr in USA - Photo by @SoniaK

My Favorite Indonesian Food  On Eid Day By @IndahNuriaMy Favorite Indonesian Food On Eid Day By @IndahNuria

Mehendi & Glass Bengals for Girls:

One of the lovely traditions we've followed since childhood is buying glass bangles and Mehendi (Henna) for all the females in our home, who wear them on Eid day. Mehendi, in particular, is a cherished tradition. Even now, I buy Mehendi for my daughters, and they create beautiful designs on their hands with it. (I just came back to home after this tiring mission from Meena Bazar Karachi  😅)

Eid in Indonesia by @NyaiNurjanahEid in Indonesia by @NyaiNurjanah

Visit Relatives Homes & Eidi: 

On this happy day, we usually visit our elders, brothers, grandparents, uncles, and aunties' homes, where we have another fun tradition specifically for Eid Ul Fitr.

It's called "Eidi." Eidi is gift money that everyone can ask for from their elders without any hesitation. And truly, we all already prepare for it, knowing we have to give Eidi to everyone younger than us. (We can even ask from our elders, even though I'm now 48 😂)

After this long day of celebration, I usually come back home and sleep for a long time. Then, in the evening, I meet up with friends.

In Pakistan, we have official holidays for Eid every year, which gives us time to relax and enjoy the festivities with our loved ones.

I hope you understand and love the soul of this joyful day, 

That's some information about Eid celebrations for me & Pakistan. 

How do you celebrate Eid in your own country? 

Feel free to share your experiences in the comments section below. 😊🙏

Photo Credits :

Thank you @indahnuria @StephenAbraham  , @SoniaK @Nyainurjanah for sharing beautiful photos of your Eid Celebrations 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Karachi, Pakistan
48 comments
Level 7

Re: How Do You Celebrate Eid UL Fitr in Your Country?

khair Mubarak 

Connect Moderator

Wonderful post with mesmerizing photos and collages 👍

I never knew the deep meaning and traditions behind 'Fitr'. 

Congratulations on this special occasion @KashifMisidia  Bhai 💐

Wishing you and near and dear ones a blessed Eid. 

Level 10

Dear @KashifMisidia and all Muslim friends around the world.

Wishing You a joyous and prosperous Eid Al-Fitr
May this Eid bring you happiness,
peace and abundant blessings to you and your family.

Selamat Idul Fitri 1445 H. Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin.

Level 10

@KashifMisidia Wishing you and all friends over there Eid Mubarak. Thanks for sharing our beautiful photos. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing this  post with us on occasion of Eid and explaining about Eid Ul Fitr. @KashifMisidia 

Wish you a very joyful Eid 🙏

Eid Mubarak  @indahnuria @StephenAbraham  , @SoniaK @Nyainurjanah 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thank you for nicely explain about celebration of festival Eid UL Fitr dear local Guide friend @KashifMisidia & thank you very much for sharing with us beutiful Eid celebration in America@SoniaK & happy festival Eid UL Fitr All local Guide friend who celebrate this festival 🤝BTW i like very much Vermicelli kheer as a dessert in almost every day on My food table. 💐🤝

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 10

Hello @KashifMisidia ji, Thank you for sharing the fantastic post on Eid celebrations. You have nicely explained the events in detail with beautiful photos how Eid is celebrated in different parts of the world.  Best wishes to you and all LG friends who celebrate Eid festival.

Signature Image
Level 8

EID MUBARAK @KashifMisidia in my place EID is celebrated tomorrow, on Thursday.  Thanks for spreading the wonderful feel. A very happy to go festival.  We meet and greet our friends.  It's always a great pleasure to give and get gifts from my friends.  I still remember my childhood friend who gifted me with  a Transistor. Cherishable moments.  

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 10

@KashifMisidiabhai on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, may you and your loved ones be blessed with joy and happiness. May Allah accept your Ramadan fasts, prayers, and good deeds.

Happy Eid Mubarak ❤️

Dr. Foodie Official