Julie_A's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Administrator

View Count Graph Restored

Thank you all for reporting the issues you’ve experienced with the view count graph. We appreciate your patience as the team addresses this.

Over the next couple of days, you’ll notice that the view count graph has been restored in the Contribute tab on Google Maps, which means you should soon be able to see all of your photo and video views back in one place. We’re also happy to share that any of your photo or video views that were temporarily down, are back. 

In the coming weeks, you may see a slower accumulation of views as we make some backend updates to how we capture media views. You may have also noticed that it’s taking several days to see a view count on newly uploaded photos or videos. Rest assured views are still being counted as we resolve the lag with displaying new media views.

Thank you again for your feedback and for being such an engaged and supportive community!

71 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: View Count Graph Restored

YES. Finally some much awaited good news. 

Thanks a bunch

Morten

Update:

Thursday April 11th the view graph showed up in my Android app.

1000020674.png

The number in the green box is showing approximately 60 percent fewer views in the last week compared to before the bug.  Before I got approximately 1M views per day (7M per week). Now it is showing 0.6M views per day (4M per week). Before the bug this number would fluctuate depending on the frequency of updates of the total photo views. The updates seems to be daily now, which is a huge improvement. But why is the total number of photo views reduced roughly to 2/3 of what it was before, @Julie_A?

Cheers 

Morten

Level 10

Thank you @Julie_A for sharing this good news with us. This was really needed.

And, I am confirming here that mine is back. 

Thank you!

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Julie_A for the update! This is a good news 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Thank you for the much awaited good news @Julie_A .

We appreciate your efforts to resolve these issues from local guides. We appreciate the help of the the tech team behind the curtains as well. Hopefully it's a lasting solution this time.

Have a good day 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Yessss...most awaited news for us. Thanks for sharing with us, @Julie_A .

Cheers!

Level 6

This was waited news @Julie_A  thanks for good news.

Level 8

Good news updates    views count Graph restored analysis data  this  was awaiting local guides  teams 

@Julie_A 

GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDES FROM INDIA & Connect reviews world  jitendra Kumar Mahendra Prasad
Connect Moderator

Thanks for the much-awaited update, @Julie_A 

Now fingers crossed to check how our contributions have performed over the past few weeks.

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @Julie_A for sharing this big awaited update. 

Thanks to Google maps team and everyone who worked hard to resolve this issue. 🙏

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.