SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A monumental park I visited.

Caption: A photo of the whole statue of the monument itself against  which constitute of a  soldier standing with his gun An aircraft,A ship and an armoured tank. The Nigerian coat of arm as well. All the image against the green lawn and blue sky in the background. @SholaIBCaption: A photo of the whole statue of the monument itself against which constitute of a soldier standing with his gun An aircraft,A ship and an armoured tank. The Nigerian coat of arm as well. All the image against the green lawn and blue sky in the background. @SholaIB

These challenges and badges on connect are a good thriller. We hope that they will keep on coming and we will keep on participating as local guides. They are helping us to explore our immediate geographical location and even beyond. Often times we are not aware of our surroundings. We often go on a long vacations, holidays, travels etc. just for a bit of fun. There could be some equally nicer places even in our own immediate locality. These challenges are helping me to explore my locality and even Google maps as well.

Caption: A photo of a soldier posing with his gun taken at Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIBCaption: A photo of a soldier posing with his gun taken at Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIB

This recent  Challenge-Share-a-review-or-photo-of-a-monument-on-Google-Maps.   has caused me to explore a Monumental Park   that I have known and seen for at least 20 years now. At last I was able to visit and have fun.It's A monument for Isaac Adaka Boro and other fallen military heros of the Nigerian armed forces. These heros who have sacrificed their lives to make sure Nigeria remains Nigeria. These heros who were loyal to death in service to the father land Nigeria.

This monument has a very large beautiful compound. The lawns are quite well maintained and lush green. Being a lover of nature it was so relaxing for me. It was clean too,no plastic and papers litters in the place.It's a respectful thing for the memory of the fallen heros that the place is well maintained.

Regarding the statues,it has just been renovated and repainted as well. I realised that the 3 parts(Arms) of the Nigerian military are all well represented.

• The Navy
  • The Air force 
  • The Nigerian Army

Caption: A collage photo of three different statues of A military aircraft ,A naval ship,and an armoured tank. This is in significance of the three arms of the Nigerian military. A monument in memorial of the fallen Nigerian military heros. Taken at the Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIBCaption: A collage photo of three different statues of A military aircraft ,A naval ship,and an armoured tank. This is in significance of the three arms of the Nigerian military. A monument in memorial of the fallen Nigerian military heros. Taken at the Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIB

There were some very lovely palm trees all around the compund. They were wrapped with the colours of the Nigerian flag. It's a real monument to the soul of the departed military heroes of Nigeria.

The monumental park   is named after a young military officer named Isaac Boro. He was a major in the Nigerian Army. He was killed at the age of 29 years old during the civil war in Nigeria.

Caption: A photo of two palm trees with the green white green colours of the Nigerian flag on them. Notice the lush green lawn in the background. Taken in the premises of Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIBCaption: A photo of two palm trees with the green white green colours of the Nigerian flag on them. Notice the lush green lawn in the background. Taken in the premises of Isaac Boro monumental park. @SholaIB

More information about the monumental park.

As a result of its wide and spacious compound. The monumental park also serves as an event centre. Some also go there for relaxations and visits. The military also uses it for big military occasions. 

Accessibility features

Car park ☑️ 

Entry fees ☑️

Security ☑️

Transportation.

Monument guide

Restrooms

N.B Below is My review of the monument  

Hope you enjoy reading this.

Happy guiding

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
4 comments
Level 9

Betreff: A monumental park I visited.

@SholaIB 

Ein sehr interessanter und gut verfasster Beitrag mit schönen Bildern, nur ist es traurig in einer Welt mit diesen Waffen und Opfern zu leben, wie viel schöner wäre eine friedliche Welt für uns alle 

Level 9

Re: A monumental park I visited.

Nice picture @SholaIB  , thanks for sharing with us ,

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

@SholaIB que genial la primera fotografía increíble detalle.

Level 10

Hello @SholaIB, it’s is very interesting to know about the monument built as tribute to the heroes of Nigeria. The content, photos and captions are very nice. I like the post, thanks for sharing with us.

Signature Image