Praniketmore's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Chitnis Wada evidence appears when the dam level drops.

Chitnis Wada evidence appears when the dam level drops.

#1  These photographs show the evidence and plinth of the Wada (great mansion) of Chitnis.#1 These photographs show the evidence and plinth of the Wada (great mansion) of Chitnis.

In 1674, Maratha leader chatrapati Shivaji maharaj established an administrative and consultative council. The eight officials in that one are Sachiv, which is known as Chitnis. The Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu family served chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, and Sachiv oversaw all of Swarajya's significant documented work.

At 1600 to 1700 years, chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj grants vatan land revenue to chitnis of Swrajya in that Shiravli, Harne, Bharne, Chiplun, Soundd, Tal, Mandal, and other villages are provided for land income.Shiravli village is near Raigad Fort; hence, the Chitnis Gupte family stays here. 

#2 These photographs show the old gods' carved stones as well as the temple that was erected up there at the time.#2 These photographs show the old gods' carved stones as well as the temple that was erected up there at the time.#3 These photographs show the stone door frame and old gods carved stones.#3 These photographs show the stone door frame and old gods carved stones.#4 These photographs show the  broken shivlinga and  goddes sculpture.#4 These photographs show the broken shivlinga and goddes sculpture.#5  These photos show the dam view behind Wada, although there was a river on which the dam is currently constructed, and the shattered construction can be seen here.#5 These photos show the dam view behind Wada, although there was a river on which the dam is currently constructed, and the shattered construction can be seen here.#6 These photographs shows the broken and dismantled structures evidence.#6 These photographs shows the broken and dismantled structures evidence.

At the time, the waada of Chitnis had an east-west direction, and the main entry of Wada was known as Dindi darwaja. All folks enter Wada by Dindi darwaja beside them, horse paga is situated, and the Wada water is supplied by a drinking water source. 

These Wada have now vanished in Shiravli Dam, but when the water recedes in the summer, many proofs of these heritage houses may be observed. In the magnificent surroundings of the dam area, the Wada comes into view during the summer period. including several goddess-carved stones and shattered shivlings.

Feeling sad for an unpreserved piece of heritage.

️  Accessibility:

Tha Dam Place is outside and wheelchair accessible, but near the Wada, there is a short route that is erected but has stairs, making it easy for stick impaired persons to get to the Wada.

🚗How to reach there :

On the Mumbai-Goa Highway.Near Kalambani village, there is a left-hand trail known as Apede Fata, which leads to the Shiravli Dam after about 7 kilometers.You may easily get there by private vehicle or public transportation, and the current stop name is Shiravli Village.

🌍Nearby Location :

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Khed, Maharashtra, India
20 comments
Level 10

Re: Chitnis Wada evidence appears when the dam level drops.

Excellent...

Well thought drafted and percentage post, dear @Praniketmore ...

"...Feeling sad for an unpreserved piece of heritage...."

Well, there are so many of such sad stories sunk in Indian soil because of the invasion of different rulers. 

I sincerely appreciate your style of presenting this topic in such a detailed manner... Of course your photos definitely explain the truth! 

You could surely bro the evidences of a great Chitnis Wada, once upon a time.

Thank you dear for tagging me. 

Best wishes 

🤝❤️👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Nice to see such a ancient place. It's always interesting for me to visit such ancient place. Well presented post. Thanks for sharing @Praniketmore 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you @TravellerG sir for your appriciation and reading my post , There was also a separate Wada existent at that time, which is completely lost today, therefore I'm unable to find out the tale behind that. Another structure is built by  Chatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj, son of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, built there for Chitnis family clan of kayastaprabhu , which has 90 rooms inside. 

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

Level 8

@Rohan10 Thank you for appriciation and reading my post and thank you for identifying the correction .

Level 10

"...There was also a separate Wada existent at that time..."

Ohh... I see...

Locals are also not aware of these details?

From where did you get the hint that there was another one Wada?

Thank you very much for your interest in responding in detail. 

Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and his son Sambhaji Maharaj are well known personalities in our Bharat history...

90 rooms Wada looks to be a very huge mansion!

Appreciate your dedication...

Regards, dear @Praniketmore 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Great post, @Praniketmore.

I am sure Konkan and the gateways to Konkan are full of astonishing, hidden gems like this one. It will keep surprising us every time we look at or hear about it, and we will always feel proud of our history and ancestors.

Thanks for sharing such great information with us.

Cheers!

Level 8

@TravellerG One of my friends who lived there and belonged to that clan told me some stories about it, and he has some letters from that period from Chatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj.I still have some questions for him, but he hasn't replied why those God Goddess sculptures and Shivlingas haven't kept out from dam water. Why wasn't this legacy of Smrutichinha developed by his clan? I'm still waiting for my response, but I'm confident I'll find it. Chatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj killed Chitnis Pant with elephant foot due to misinformation, then after realizing Chitnis was innocent, he erected there Wada represents their clan and family.

Connect Moderator

Wow, this place looks amazing!

It's so cool to see somewhere with such a long history. @Praniketmore 

Thanks for sharing this with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Betreff: Chitnis Wada evidence appears when the dam level drops.

@Praniketmore 

Da kann man auch traurig sein, schade um diese Missachtung von Kulturgüter. 

Man könnte ja auch noch heute gute Stücke für ein Museum retten.

Ansonsten guter Beitrag mit schönen Bildern