AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Thank you @indahnuria but it is you that has done a tremendous job today!  It's now perfect!  You see now all the links in the current as well as future star photos leaderboards point to your latest update without you or me needing to muck around working out or  updating links 🙂  You can test this out here and here!  Just click on the category shown and presto 🤣

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

You have built an incredible data system @AdamGT .. Bravooo for that and again thank you for walking me through it! Cheers from welly

Connect Moderator

Thank you @indahnuria. It is nice how it all "integrates" with and within Connect without Connect having available an API to make this all possible 🙂  On the surface, it looks very simple, however in the dungeons, it is far from so.  The main goal was to make it as simple as possible for Local Guides while at the same time not compromising on the information needed to meet the objectives of the leaderboards - to motivate us, help us to monitor our contributions and performance, provide a convenient place where we can engage, discuss and help each other in the areas covered by the different leaderboards, and show us how to improve the quality of and make better Maps contributions so that we achieve better outcomes, in a fun and enjoyable way!

ps: There is more great stuff to come 😉

Level 8

回复: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Caption: @szliuyun2011's Star Photo of Tak Sun School uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-01-09 and showing star views of 663,308 as at 2022-06-19Caption: @szliuyun2011's Star Photo of Tak Sun School uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-01-09 and showing star views of 663,308 as at 2022-06-19

@AdamGT This is my star photo so far. It was taken outside a primary school in Hong Kong, China. I was on a weekend trip there then, getting caught by light and shadow effects on the building exterior on my way. Taken on a low-angle position, this photo captured what I want to capture, but too much. 🙂

Below is EXIF metadata of the original photo:

Camera model: Apple iPhone XS Max

F-Stop: F/1.8

Shutter: 1/1100 seconds

Exposure: ISO-25

Focal length: 26 mm (35 mm equivalent) 

Flash: Did not fire

A picture is worth a thousand words. (^_^)v

My Instagram: szliuyun2011
Level 6

updated data on June 28, 2022 😁

Connect Moderator

Hi @eyusuf 

There's really no need to add comment here to tell us all that you have updated.  You just have to (1) update your screenshot post here, which you have nicely done, and (2) make sure to update your star views etc on your data entry system 😉

Level 8

Here is my star photo. It's not perfect, but it's mine!

Caption: Star photo by @MaxPlusFood uploaded onto Google Maps on 1/8/2017 and showing star views of 13,000,000 as at 28 June 2022Caption: Star photo by @MaxPlusFood uploaded onto Google Maps on 1/8/2017 and showing star views of 13,000,000 as at 28 June 2022

Connect Moderator

Great to see that your star continues to shine brightly @MaxPlusFood  Have you updated your details on your data entry system?  This will update your star views on the leaderboards to be posted in a couple of days.

Level 10

Screenshot 2022-06-28 163318.png

Caption: @jayasimha78's Star Photo of Clock Tower UC Riverside uploaded onto Google Maps on 2018-04-01 and showing star views of 17,737,175 as at 2022-06-28

Star Photo

Level 9

Caption: Star photo by @Ducci uploaded onto Google Maps on 12/1/2021 and showing star views of 362,300 as at 28 June 2022Caption: Star photo by @Ducci uploaded onto Google Maps on 12/1/2021 and showing star views of 362,300 as at 28 June 2022

This the famous Cougar Country Drive-In located in Pullman Washington and this drive-in feeds the entire Washington State UNiversity & More.  This is the featured photo and although it's not my most viewed photo, it means the most to me.