AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bls: Top 100 Star Photos Leaderboards (September, 2022)

Thank you @AdamGT atas bantuannya, saya sangat senang sekali, terimakasih banyak

| My IG | My FB | My Maps |
Level 8

Ok thank you Mr @AdamGT .....

| My IG | My FB | My Maps |
Connect Moderator

Hello @Nuga_72 

You and the error confused me. Other than the typing mistake in the message, the error message is correct. It should read "Your screenshot date must be on or after your star photo's star date!"  So let's make sure this is clear:

1. You take a photo of a POI and add it on to Maps.
  2. Some time in the future that photo becomes your photo having the most views.  For simplicity, at that point in time we refer to this photo as:
    (a) having become your star photo,
    (b) it's views as the star views,
    (c)
    the date that you added that photo on to Maps as the star date. You can think of this as the birthdate of your star photo!
  3. The star views grow over time.
  4. You take a screenshot showing the star views for the Star Photos Leaderboards and update your photo in the photo album of star photos!

So from this, you will appreciate that the screenshot date [step 4] is logically a date after the star date [step 2(c)].

Hoping this better explains this and helps you enter the correct dates.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Hola @AdamGT ! Aquí agrego mi foto con mas vistas.

Star Foto de @EugeGallardo cargada  en Google Maps el 1 de abril de 2021 y mostrando 1832588 vistas hasta el 19 septiembre de 2022.Star Foto de @EugeGallardo cargada en Google Maps el 1 de abril de 2021 y mostrando 1832588 vistas hasta el 19 septiembre de 2022.

Esta foto corresponde a "Dispositivo Detectar" (lugar para realizar hisopados para detección de COVID) en la Ciudad Auónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mauje
Level 8

Caption: Star photo by @ChrisMc uploaded onto Google Maps on April 12, 2019 and showing the star views as at Sep 22, 2022Caption: Star photo by @ChrisMc uploaded onto Google Maps on April 12, 2019 and showing the star views as at Sep 22, 2022

Photo taken at a diner in PA during a business trip.  Not expecting this to be my top photo.

Level 8

@AdamGT 

I have a new star photo and which has > 1 million views 🙂  I have updated my star photo 🙂

Level 10

Caption: @Trail_blazer's Star Photo of AIIMS Central Lawn uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-09-08 and showing star views of 462,673 as at 2022-12-08Caption: @Trail_blazer's Star Photo of AIIMS Central Lawn uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-09-08 and showing star views of 462,673 as at 2022-12-08

This is a screenshot of my new star photo. It's Central Lawn of AIIMS main building, located in  Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi and taken during my visit to Hospital during Sept 2022.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Alex_kezevadze 

I see that you have a new star photo and your new one is fast approaching 1 MILLION views which is fantastic. However, you are not following the right procedure when updating your star photo which is going to cause you and everyone else interested in seeing your star, some problems because you now have two star photos in our photo album of star photos and the leaderboards will only point to one!!

When you update your star photo, for example when it's views have increased or you get a new star photo as in your case, you do not go to the photo album of star photos and add a new comment with details of your updated or new star!  Each one of us has one and only one place in the star photo album. Think of it as your special page in this photo album! If you get a new star well you go to that page remove the old photo and replace it with the new!!!  Simple!!!

This is clearly detailed in the Updating your star photo steps here.  You visit your old post and update the details there! Then you update your star photo details for the Top 100 Local Guide leaderboards here.  This is the most efficient way and the best way to make sure that the star photos leaderboards can correctly point to your star photo! It also avoids the need for you to work out and add a new link for the leaderboards!

So how best to solve this problem! Well while not ideal I suggest the following:

1. Visit your place in the photo album, delete the old star photo and add the new by following the procedure detailed in the Updating your star photo steps here.
  2. Update your star photo details for the Top 100 Local Guide leaderboards here and finally,
  3. Visit your comment here, delete everything and add words perhaps along the lines "I have a new star photo and I'm excited that it is fast approaching ONE MILLION views.  I have updated my star photo here. " You can tag me if you wish!
Connect Moderator

Well done @Alex_kezevadze but don't forget to update your caption 😉

Level 8

@AdamGT hello

Screenshot_20220927-230632.png

Leyenda: Foto de estrella de el palacio de la pizza cargada en Google Maps en marzo de 2018 y que muestra las vistas de estrellas (1.103.785) al 27 de septiembre del 2022