Anannya_19's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

RECAP - Exploring Heritage at Aga Khan Palace and Accessibility Check Meet-up on 13th April 2024

All LGs at Aga Khan Palace picture @ajit dadaAll LGs at Aga Khan Palace picture @ajit dada

Dear LGs,

Thank you all for joining us at the historic Aga Khan Palace on Saturday, April 13th. Your presence made our meetup truly memorable. It was inspiring to see everyone come together in such a beautiful setting, exchanging ideas and forging new connections. Let's continue to nurture this community spirit and look forward to more enriching gatherings in the future!

2. Aga Khan Palace, Pune2. Aga Khan Palace, Pune

3. Aga Khan Palace is equipped with facilities designed to cater to visitors of all abilities.3. Aga Khan Palace is equipped with facilities designed to cater to visitors of all abilities.

4. Online ticket booking available only4. Online ticket booking available only

5. Samadhi of Mahadev bhai and Kasturba Gandhi5. Samadhi of Mahadev bhai and Kasturba Gandhi

Discover the History:
Built in 1892, Aga Khan Palace stands as a testament to India's storied past. From its majestic architecture to its lush gardens, every corner of the palace holds a piece of history waiting to be uncovered. This place is a jewel of Pune's heritage and promises a day filled with exploration and discovery. Aga Khan Palace was built by Sultan Muhammed Shah, Aga Khan III in the city of Pune, India 1892. Aga Khan Palace architectural marvel bears witness to India's rich history, particularly its role in the freedom movement. From its elegant arches to its sprawling grounds, every corner of the palace tells a story of resilience and triumph. 

Historical importance:

The Agakhan Palace in Pune is a national monument of India's freedom movement. Following the launch of the Quit India movement in 1942, Gandhiji, his wife Kasturba, and his secretary Mahadevbhai Desai were interned at the palace from August 9, 1942, to May 6, 1944. Mahadevbhai and Kasturba passed away while in captivity at the Agakhan palace and their samadhis are located on the campus. Situated near the River Mula, the palace is a simple memorial to Gandhi and his life. 

6. ♿  Wheelchair ramps and other facilities are available to accommodate individuals with disabilities6. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities are available to accommodate individuals with disabilities

Accessibility Checkup:

Aga Khan Palace is committed to ensuring accessibility for all visitors. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities are available to accommodate individuals with disabilities. 

Parking: Ample parking space is available near the palace, making it convenient for visitors to park their vehicles without hassle.

🚌 Public Transportation: For those using public transportation, Aga Khan Palace is easily accessible via bus routes and other modes of transit, with nearby stops ensuring convenient travel options.

7. LGs engaging in vibrant discussions7. LGs engaging in vibrant discussions

8. Goodies distribution8. Goodies distribution

Exchange ideas:

Our conversation seamlessly transitioned to Google Maps, where each person shared experiences and insights on its latest features. It was incredibly insightful and helpful, providing valuable tips to enhance our usage. Grateful for the enlightening exchange within the team.

Virtually meetup :

Following our time at the Aga Khan Palace, we adhered to our plan to connect virtually with fellow LGs, savoring the camaraderie despite the physical separation. We're truly thankful to all who took the time to join us, enriching our experience with their presence and insights.

9. We connected virtually with fellow LGs as planned9. We connected virtually with fellow LGs as planned

10. Virtual meet-up is happiness.10. Virtual meet-up is happiness.

After relishing some serene moments in the Aga Khan Palace, we smoothly transitioned to the next segment of our outing, food, as the evening approached. 

Off to Irani Cafe:

We decided to go to the Irani Cafe. Within its charming ambiance, we indulged in engaging conversation, exchanging experiences and insights. Our focus centered on updating and collecting data for Google Maps, a discussion that proved immensely enlightening for all in attendance.

11. Irani Cafe Kalyani Nagar11. Irani Cafe Kalyani Nagar

As we settled into the cozy ambiance of Irani Cafe in Kalyani Nagar, the aroma of freshly brewed chai wafted through the air, enticing our senses. Our order of chai bun maska arrived, each bite a symphony of flavors – the warmth of the chai perfectly complementing the buttery richness of the bun maska. With each sip and bite, we indulged in a culinary journey that mirrored the fusion of cultures and traditions found within the walls of the historic cafe.

12. Photography with amazing goodies12. Photography with amazing goodies

As we bid farewell, a collective pledge emerged among us to sustain our involvement with Google Maps and the Connect portals, fostering ongoing support and collaboration within our community. The promise of future gatherings, already in motion and eagerly anticipated, filled us with excitement as we anticipated reuniting with familiar faces and welcoming newcomers into our circle. See you all at the next meet-up!

13. All happy faces13. All happy faces

Excited to catch a glimpse of all the photos and recaps from the Pune Local Guides meet-up! Tagging all you wonderful people here: @ShubhamWaman @ajitthite @Tushar_Suradkar @HinalLad @Durgak03

Abanerjee
Pune, Maharashtra, India
28 comments
Level 8

Re: RECAP - Exploring Heritage at Aga Khan Palace and Accessibility Check Meet-up on 13th April 2024

Hey, thats great recap @Anannya_19

SSeems you peoples enjoyed a lot. Very well covered. 

Abhishek Patki
Level 8

Re: RECAP - Exploring Heritage at Aga Khan Palace and Accessibility Check Meet-up on 13th April 2024

Wonderful recap @Anannya_19 . I wish I could have attended meet up in person. Your photos are very nice and well presented post. Thank you for sharing 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Wonderful recap @Anannya_19 and great hosting the meetup.

I especially liked the part where several local guides participated with families.

It was an amazing experience over the 2+ hours where local guides enjoyed every moment of discussing Google Maps, accessibility, Connect features, food, drinks, humor, and above all a sense of camaraderie and close meaningful connections 👍

Looking forward to many more such meetups in Pune and around.

Level 10

Hello dear fellow LG, @Anannya_19 ,

Congratulations on your first very successful meet up...

Your RECAP is is really well planned drafted and present. 

Happy to see such a midweight RECAP!

Your photos are also very contextual and well presented.

Thanks for including the screenshot which includes my frame also.

It was a great pleasure to meet you all over they virtual meet up. 

Photos #12 & #13 are very good...👌

Hope to see more from you soon...

Thanks for sharing these details with all of us. 

🙏

PS 

You may use one or even two comments for tagging the LGs who participated in the meet-up - kindly tag others so that they feel happy.

Best wishes for more achievements...

🤝🌹

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

@Anannya_19 a very well written meet-up recap, and also we enjoyed a lot.

Level 9

@Anannya_19 ,very well written recap and congratulations on successful meet up.  After reading your recap I felt I missed a very special and wonderful meet up as I couldn't attend on account of work commitments. @Tushar_Suradkar , @ajitthite 

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Anannya_19 

Thanks for sharing,

well explained ..

sorry I missed because of some family commitments..

Connect Moderator

We missed you too @NGUDAPE 

Please make sure to attend the next one 😊 🤝

Level 6

@Anannya_19 Thank you for the thoughtful recap and congratulations on a successful meetup. 

Nidhish Jaju ||" Exploring the world, one trail at a time "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery