Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP - The First meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides

Highly Enthusiastic local guides from Kolhapur attended the first ever meetup in their historic town.
The venue was the New Palace that belongs to the ruler of the former Princely State of Kolhapur.
The palace is now partly a residence and remaining converted to a museum.

01 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides01 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides

At 10 am on 21st April 2024, everyone gathered on the sprawling lawns of the New Palace also called the Shahu Palace. 
After formal introduction, local guides asked several questions ranging from the significance of the LG Connect website and its relationship with Google Maps.

All of them had varying degree of experience with the Local Guides program.
They asked with eager and listened to the details with patience.

@Supriyadevkar is active on Google Maps with her food recipes whereas @Aman3754 and @AP2280 have posted moderately on connect in the past.

02 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides02 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides

I shared with them the ABC of the LocalGuidesConnect website and how they can use it effectively on both a desktop computer and a mobile device.
We discussed about including various accessibility information on Google Maps and also mention it in the posts on LG Connect.

45 minutes into the meetup, local guides from all over India and from abroad joined virtually over Google Meet.
Prominent among them were @ajitthite@TravellerG@ModNomad@Raj_Tayade@abhishekpatk and @RosyKohli.
Many local guides from Kolhapur could not attend the first meetup due to various reasons.
@Rohan10 was one who was missed the most.

03 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides03 - First Meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides

At the end of the meetup, the local guide felt highly motivated and pledged to host more such meetups in the future in Kolhapur.
An online meetup will be scheduled to run through the steps of hosting and submitting the meetup for approval including posting a recap.

The tradition of having snacks at the end of the meetup has not taken roots yet in Kolhapur.

Though we started the tradition of exchanging souvenirs like badges, stickers and cards as seen in the middle of the photo above 👆

The announcement of the Kolhapur local guides meetup is below:

The photo album of the Kolhapur local guides meetup:

RECAP Post by attendees:
My First meet-up In Kolhapur - Abhinandan Patil

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
25 comments
Level 9

Re: RECAP - The First meetup of Kolhapur Local Guides

A pretty cool recap, @Tushar_Suradkar!It was indeed a great experience meeting all of us virtually.

It was good to see a good number of attendees in Kolhapur.

Well, those who missed can compensate by attending next in Pune on April 27th, by @Tushar_Suradkar and on May,19th, by myself. (Just joking!)😀

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Nice meetup recap Tushar Dada. 
The logo Office Meet Up is a really beautiful design by Dada.

Level 8

Today your hard work has made you the next Meet Up Champion,  DADA @Tushar_Suradkar getting the badge is a different thing.kudos keet it up 🙌🤝

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

Thank you @ajitthite for the appreciation.

I have invited Kolhapur local guides to attend the meetup on 19th, though not the one on 27th April.

Connect Moderator

Thank you dear @mohanghyar for the appreciation 🤝

I will be glad to see you in Aurangabad on 5th May.

Else we will conduct a meetup in Jalna or in Akola.

Connect Moderator

Thank you dear @ShailendraOjha for the appreciation 🤝

Also, Meetup Champion would be a dream to have though it is a hard nut to crack and not easy to come through.

The highlight of the message to local guide in Kolhapur was "selfless contributions" and is mentioned by @AP2280 in his recap:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/My-First-meet-up-In-Kolhapur/m-p/3744441

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

dada first for you one tower link see this- Akola(MH-30) Maharashtra

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UfhXVPkEnwRh3Xyu6

and ajit dada tell me the meet at cha. sambhaji nagar ( Aurangabad) meet 5 may.

90 % i will try to join.

and also tell you one place of shri sant gajanan maharaj temple shegaon(buldhana) is very famous place of maharashtra. for our next meet up.(shegaon distance from akola 40 km only)

Connect Moderator

Wonderful idea @mohanghyar 

I remember you shared this place with me 😊

Let's plan a meetup in Akola - please connect with 4-5 local guides who can travel there.

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

i think create one group of vidharbha maharashtra but its good or bad ??

one akola's local guide found when i visit google office BKC.

also 2 member want to become a local guide.

so plz tell me dada what can i do now?