SagarDiary's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Recap-47 Pune Exploring Pune's Heritage: A Journey of Accessibility and Cultural Preservation

*Date: 17th March 2024, Sunday, Pune*

As I, Sagar Kanherkar, embarked on a cultural odyssey from Kalyan to Pune, accompanied by Jitendra, the allure of exploring Pune's rich historical tapestry and ensuring inclusivity for all beckoned us.

Ginger Photo Collage Fall Facebook Cover_20240423_175207_0000.png

 Pune Meet up Cover Page

Upon our arrival at Chhatrapati Shivaji Nagar in Pune, Abhishesk Pakti and Amit Nerkar sir extended a warm welcome, offering their guidance for our adventure. Our first stop, Sudamache Pohe, nestled beside the majestic Shaniwar Wada, treated us to a traditional Pune Onion Pohe breakfast, setting the stage for our exploration.

Grey Beige Minimalist New Collection Fashion Photo Collage Facebook Cover_20240423_175716_0000.png

 Meet Local Guide Maharashtra 

Our quest for historical enlightenment led us to the Red Fort, where the echoes of Shivaji Maharaj's valor and his mother Jijabai's resilience resonated through the ages. The Kasba Peth Ganapati Temple, steeped in antiquity and adorned with a wooden structure, provided a serene sanctuary amidst the city's hustle and bustle.

Despite the holiday crowds, we glimpsed the revered Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati, its magnificence leaving an indelible mark on our hearts. Our journey continued to Gandharva Hotel, where hearty conversations and the exchange of heartfelt gifts fostered a sense of camaraderie.

On foot, we ventured to the Pataleshwar Caves, a testament to ancient craftsmanship, where Tushar sir's insightful lessons on accessibility illuminated our path forward. Empowered with newfound knowledge and a deepened appreciation for Pune's heritage, we embarked on our journey homeward.

Beige and Red Digital Organic Collage Christmas Facebook Cover_20240423_180611_0000.png

 Pune Food 

Accessibility features were meticulously checked at the following heritage places:

1. **Lal Mahal Palace**
2. **Kasba Ganapati Temple**
3. **SDS Ganesh Temple**
4. **Shaniwar Wada Mansion**
5. **Pataleshwar Cave Temple**

Throughout our travels, engaging conversations with fellow explorers underscored the importance of community engagement in preserving Pune's cultural legacy. As we bid adieu to Pune, our resolve to champion accessibility and heritage conservation grew stronger, guided by Tushar sir's mentorship and our collective commitment to inclusivity

Lilac Purple Photo Collage Spring Mood Facebook Cover_20240423_182122_0000.png

 Accessibility Check

Though our journey may have concluded, our mission to safeguard Pune's cultural heritage and advocate for the marginalized remains unwavering. In unity with Mumbai, we pledge to amplify our efforts in fostering accessibility and inclusivity for all. Thank you, @Tushar_Suradkar @ sir, for igniting the flame of change within us, as we endeavor to leave a lasting impact on our communities

Thank You @ajitthite @@abhishekpatk @NERKARAMIT @karan_lalpotu 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Pune, Maharashtra, India
14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Recap-47 Pune Exploring Pune's Heritage: A Journey of Accessibility and Cultural Preservation

Very well-written recap post dear @SagarDiary 

I enjoyed reading through every line of it and recollecting the sweet memories of the meetup.

All photos and collages are excellent 👍

I also admire that you took great interest in the accessibility features while walking from one heritage place to another.

Looking forward to meeting you online during the meetup on 27th April at 5 pm

This meetup is especially for you, buddy 😊

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-Small-Businesses-by-Persons-with-Dis...

Level 7

Re: Recap-47 Pune Exploring Pune's Heritage: A Journey of Accessibility and Cultural Preservation

@SagarDiary Very well written article i must say. All the things you explain really well. 

Abanerjee
Level 9

Excellent recap post indeed, @SagarDiary.

देरसे आये दुरुस्त आये. 👍🏻😊 फार सुंदर.

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar हे सगळं शक्य झाले ते आपल्या मार्गदर्शनामुळेच त्यामुळेच प्रयत्न करतोय कामाच्या मुळे तसा टाईम भेटत नाही म्हणून लेट पोस्ट केले परंतु आता थोडं थोडं समजायला लागले आणि तुम्ही आहेतच गाईड करायला लवकरच पोस्ट टायमात येतील धन्यवाद.

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 9

@Anannya_19 धन्यवाद अनन्या मला आठवतंय आपण पुण्यात भेटलो होतो काही वेळासाठीच का होईना पुढच्या वेळेस नक्की व्यवस्थित भेट होईल.

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 9

@ajitthite धन्यवाद अजित सर फोटो मिक्स करायला मला खूप टाईम लागला तुमच्या सगळ्या मार्गदर्शन मुळे थोडे शिकत शिकत का होईना पोस्ट करतोय असेच मार्गदर्शन पुढे सुरू ठेवा म्हणजे टायमात येतील पोस्ट.

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Connect Moderator

Very well-written recap post dear @SagarDiary 

Thank you for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@NareshDarji Thank You Sir 

I am very happy that you read my Pune post.

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 10

Sagar, Wow! You brought back such wonderful memories of the Puneri meetup! Indeed it was so much fun embarking on the 3P 👉 Pohe-Past-Pilgrimage adventure through the lovely-n-lively lanes of Pune. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring alongside you.

Frankly, couldn't resist the temptation to take everyone back to my hilarious poem on the gleeful gathering to peep in a second time & smile hard. 😄

@Tushar_Suradkar Dada, @TravellerG Sir, @RosyKohli Teacher, @ajitthite Dada, @Shrut19 , @abhishekpatk @NGUDAPE, @VARUPOET , @Anannya_19 ,  @Rohan10 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |