AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local Guides, 2023 Album of Star Videos

Caption: @EvaBar's Star Video of Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-11-13 and showing star views of 14,431 as at 2023-12-27Caption: @EvaBar's Star Video of Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-11-13 and showing star views of 14,431 as at 2023-12-27

Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Interestingly enough, my star photo and star video are of the same event/venue - the Firestone Grand Prix. I guess I did my best work that day, although they are posted to Google on different days. I can't help but wonder if the popularity of this event has helped with my big numbers (compared to the rest of mine of course). I'm sure being in the VIP section helped as not a ton of people get to see it from that POV. 

I took this with my iPhone 11 Pro, and did not put any thought into it. I also had no intentions of uploading it to Google when I took it. But Google must've prompted me. I definitely don't think this is my best video, although I'm not sure yet what is a good video, or what Google likes (yet another algorithm to figure out lol).

Level 10

Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Video of Taberna O Gato Negro uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-05-20 and showing star views of 315,008 as at 2023-12-27Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Video of Taberna O Gato Negro uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-05-20 and showing star views of 315,008 as at 2023-12-27

Taberna O Gato Negro, Santiago de Compostela, SpainI took this short clip to wet one's appetite and to showcase Galician gastronomy in one of the most popular and historic tapas bars in the heart of the Old Town of Santiago de Compostela. It shows a plate of recent fried Padron green peppers ( a bit overdone!) which are dipped in hot extra virgin olive oil then sprinkled with sea salt before being served (they were still delicious). The shot then pans to my colleagues dish of pulpo a la feira (octopus drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and with a sprinkling of sweet and spicy paprika powder). That plate was really tasty ! Interestingly as he's not from Galicia he was eating the octopus slithers with his fork and not with a toothpick/cocktail stick which is traditional here.

The video was just impulsive and not prepared so is not really a good example of what I'm capable of doing. I was surprised it's got so many views that quickly, probably down to the Padron Peppers.

It was taken on my Huawei P30 Pro standard video shot.
Mark Auchincloss Google Maps Level 10 Profile
Level 9

Betreff: Local Guides, 2023 Album of Star Videos

1000002411.png

Bildunterschrift: @Annaelisas Star-Video von Gammelby wurde am 10.08.2021 auf Google Maps hochgeladen und zeigt am 30.12.2023 70.150 Star-Ansichten

Mein Starvideo aus Gamelby, Deutschland, veröffentlicht im Jahr 2021

Schafe.sind auch neugierig! Aufgenommen bei einer Rast auf einer Bank die vor dieser Weide steht und die Schafe mussten natürlich erst Mal den Besucher anschauen

Level 10

Betreff: My Star Video - AdamGT

JohnDDoe_0-1700840418130.png

Caption: @JohnDDoe's Star Video of Lazise uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-06-05 and showing star views of 241,831 as at 2023-11-24

The port of Lazise, Lake Garda county Verona Italy 
We go to Lake Garda every year to the town of Lazise.
The video was made from an excursion boat and shows the small harbor in the center of Lazise.

Level 10

Caption: @MattGatlin's Star Video of Carl's Jr. uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-11-18 and showing star views of 1132957 as at 2023-12-30Caption: @MattGatlin's Star Video of Carl's Jr. uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-11-18 and showing star views of 1132957 as at 2023-12-30

Carl's Jr. Restaurant, El Monte, California

I took this video while bike riding through the San Gabriel Valley. At this time I was trying to get my Master Director badge, so I was trying to shoot videos whenever I stopped to take a still photo for Google Maps.

Level 9

Caption: Star video by @ajitthite of Fort Kochi Beach uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-19-03 and showing star views of 87,192 as at 2023-21-09Caption: Star video by @ajitthite of Fort Kochi Beach uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-19-03 and showing star views of 87,192 as at 2023-21-09

Fort Kochi Beach, Kochi, Kerala, India

The beach's ideal location allows you to spend hours sitting and watching large and small ships sail to and from the port. Visitors can also use the paved walks and seating that are provided. While I was witnessing it for the first time, I found it fascinating to see this large vessel leave the port. It actually also offers to highlight the main attraction of the location. I shot this 8 sec videos from my android mobile and considering the views people also enjoyed it!

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

Caption: Star video by @Teana K of Familia Restaurant Café Gelati uploaded onto Google Maps on  13 May 2023Caption: Star video by @Teana K of Familia Restaurant Café Gelati uploaded onto Google Maps on 13 M...

Caption: @Teana_K’s Star Video of Familia Restaurant Café Gelati uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-05-13 and shows my spoon tapping into a toffee topping to reveal custard in creme brûlée dessert. The photo frame shows the photo having 19,842 views and the video frame depicts a 0.13 second video.

Kind Regards, Tee
Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 10

abermans_0-1709117581571.png

Caption: @abermans's Star Video of Primark uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-10-25 and showing star views of 831,455 as at 2024-01-01

My top video keep changing in recent months seems mostly due to "explore" features (e.g. not even shared on the location page).
After several months of new videos rising to the top, this older video of Spitalfield Market in London (properly featured) has returned to the top.
It is a lovely old market that has been rejuvenated to a popular foods and restaurants and high end boutiques shops. 

Cheers!

Level 8

Caption: Star video by @ZUKInp of  TEACHING HOSPITAL HELIPAD uploaded onto Google Maps on May 2023 and showing star views of 34,780 as at 27/09/2023Caption: Star video by @ZUKInp of TEACHING HOSPITAL HELIPAD uploaded onto Google Maps on May 2023 and showing star views of 34,780 as at 27/09/2023

TEACHING HOSPITAL HELIPAD, Kathmandu, Nepal

Helipad for emergency purpose in Nepal's biggest government teaching hospital in Nepal.