AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides' 2024 Album of Star Photos

Caption: @AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2019-06-22 and showing star views of 7,115,900 as at 2024-03-24Caption: @AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2019-06-22 and showing star views of 7,115,900 as at 2024-03-24

DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery at Scottsdale, Arizona, USA 

This photo was taken with my Samsung 9 camera during a weekend morning plaza walk in mid 2019. This views on this photo is usually almost neck to neck with my storefront photo of Weinerschnitzel. However, in this month, my photo taken of the storefront of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery won by a hundred thousand views. My thought is maybe with the holidays, there is more foot traffic to stores; people want to buy gifts and food for gatherings. I'm happy to see the impact these storefront photos can have. 💕

Level 8

Star photo by @tamilisa of Los Garcia Mexican Restaurant uploaded onto Google Maps on "a year ago" 2023-02-12 and showing star views of 3,816,139 as at 2024-02-12Star photo by @tamilisa of Los Garcia Mexican Restaurant uploaded onto Google Maps on "a year ago" 2023-02-12 and showing star views of 3,816,139 as at 2024-02-12

Los Garcia Mexican Restaurant, Sandy, Utah, USA

I took this quick shot with my iPhone as we walked away from a great meal, carefully showing the entrance, the restaurant name sign, and the accessibility parking signs. I was careful not to include any car license plates. I wanted to take a photo also to remember the fun outing we had at this restaurant. While you were waiting to be seated, you could stand by cardboard cutouts and put your head into face holes so that it looked like you were a mariachi band member! Lol. I had no idea that this storefront photo would be so viewed! I feel like I have helped this restaurant get more visibility.

Level 8

Caption: @SyedR10's Star Photo of Sultan's Dine (Dhanmondi Branch) uploaded onto Google Maps on 2024-02-17 and showing star views of 2,151,186 as at 2021-10-01Caption: @SyedR10's Star Photo of Sultan's Dine (Dhanmondi Branch) uploaded onto Google Maps on 2024-02-17 and showing star views of 2,151,186 as at 2021-10-01

Sultan's Dine, Dhaka

This is my most viewed Star Photo. I took this photo while dining there with my wife that evening. Recently this photo view has grown and defeated my previous mostly viewed photo of Sher-E-Bangla Agricultural Varsity, Bangladesh, and BSMR Maritime University, Bangladesh

Syed Raiyan
Level 9

Uhr der Ratstrinkstube, Marktpl. 2, 91541 Rothenburg ob d...

@WilfriedB's Star Photo of Uhr der Ratstrinkstube uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-06-29 and showing star views of 1,982,879 as at 2024-03-28@WilfriedB's Star Photo of Uhr der Ratstrinkstube uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-06-29 and showing star views of 1,982,879 as at 2024-03-28

Uhr der Ratstrinkstube, Marktpl. 2, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany

I was wondering for a long time, why this photo received so many views - in the beginning thousands each day, but after several weeks (until now) the daily increase was less than 10*. Furthermore, I did not find it at the place, where I posted it, even though it is still visible with increasing views under My Contributions with a link to that pin. 

After some research, I did find it. Not at the original pin, but on the page of the city scrolling down a long way under All or My own. How did it get there? No idea! My guess is, this was probably done by some AI function or even Google employee. At the city page, I did not only find this image, but also several others, I did post to the same and other places in this (famous) town.

But not only that! Since I got curious, I also checked the page of the area (Mittelfranken), county (Landkreis Ansbach) and even the state (Bayern). At each level of the hierarchy around the original place, I found even more of my photos from several places and towns including the country - obviously impossible to find a particular one, since you have to scroll down forever....

*Why did the number of view not increase as much as before?  I believe for a limited time, the photo was at the banner/featured of one of those pages, I mentioned above.

P.S. On February 6, 2024, before the counting of views quit working, the number of views was 1,997,909! Since I curious when it would reach the two millions, I checked it daily and that is why I realized the issue with publishing the  view count.

Willfried
My Contributions
Level 10

Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Photo of Oneills Merchant Sq Glasgow uploaded onto Google Maps on 2019-08-15 and showing star views of 3,647,306 as at 2024-04-23Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Photo of Oneills Merchant Sq Glasgow uploaded onto Google Maps on 2019-08-15 and showing star views of 3,647,306 as at 2024-04-23

O'Neills Irish Pub in Glasgow, Scotland

This is a screenshot of my current Star Photo. It's of O'Neills Irish Pub in Glasgow, Scotland and was taken with a Huawei P20 Pro on my visit to the city of my birthplace just before the pandemic started in the Summer of 2019. My cousin who lives in Glasgow choose to meet there so we could have a pint of beer as they have a wise choice of beers. While I was waiting for her to arrive I took a sneaky photo to gain 5 points nothing more nothing less, which if you look closely enough you see another figure, my partner ! 

Mark Auchincloss Google Maps Level 10 Profile
Level 8

Caption: Star photo by @safni of  Batticaloa Dutch Fort Srilanka uploaded into Google Maps on  01.04.2022 and  showing star views of  848,202 as at  25.02.2024Caption: Star photo by @safni of Batticaloa Dutch Fort Srilanka uploaded into Google Maps on 01.04.2022 and showing star views of 848,202 as at 25.02.2024

Dutch Fort, Batticaloa, Srilanka

This is a rear view of the Dutch Fort in Batticaloa. I captured this image using my Realme C12 mobile device. I'm particularly impressed with the color correction in the photo. It showcases a stunning scene with a clear sky and the canal surrounding the fort.
SAFNImj
Level 8

Caption: @efcxp's Star Photo of Australian Museum uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-04-28 and showing star views of 808,280 as at 2024-02-25Caption: @efcxp's Star Photo of Australian Museum uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-04-28 and showing star views of 808,280 as at 2024-02-25

Australian Museum, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia

Considering Museums tours one of my best thing to be part of, I'm glad to share this Star Photo. One of my best images in google maps if not the one.

Really fascinating and interesting places to visit, I can definetely recommend this one in Sydney. Always having entertainment events. Image taken using an Google Pixel 6.

Level 8

Screenshot_20240227-155742~2.png

Caption: Star photo by @BrokeBritinParis of Doctolib (Corporate Office) uploaded onto Google Maps 4 years ago and showing star views of 140,160,587 views as at 27th of Feburary

Google Map's Lists of my fave places in: Paris | London | Dublin | Marseille | Nice

Sharing my reviews and photo's on Google Maps, eventually inspired me to chase my love for food, combined with my training as a Chef to become a Tour Guide in my home city of Paris. Explore Paris with Me!

Connect with me outside of connect: Instagram | TikTok

Bon appétit!
Level 8

Legenda: Foto estrela de Target de @rosanabtl carregada no Google Maps em 2019 e mostrando visualizações de estrelas de 2.392.229 em 27/02/2024.Legenda: Foto estrela de Target de @rosanabtl carregada no Google Maps em 2019 e mostrando visualizações de estrelas de 2.392.229 em 27/02/2024.

Frente de loja popular em Curitiba

Essa foto foi tirada em frente a loja "Safira Armarinhos" na cidade de Curitiba PR - Brasil. Essa loja comercializa vários produtos de linhas, lãs, agulhas e outros objetos de artesanato como crochet, tricot, costuras, entre outros. É uma loja bem popular que fica em frente a um calçadão com um local turístico, onde fica o SESC Paço da Liberdade,  em meio a vários casarões de construção do século XIX.

Sempre que vou a passeio na cidade visito essa loja, pois geralmente de promoções de lãs e linhas para fazer croche que eu amo. 

Quando tirei essa foto não imaginei que esta seria minha foto estrela. Acredito que ela sempre será minha foto estrela.

Level 9

Star photo by @snieckarz of Carbone's Pizza uploaded onto Google Maps on January 2020 and showing star views of 6,025,174 as at 29th February 2024Star photo by @snieckarz of Carbone's Pizza uploaded onto Google Maps on January 2020 and showing star views of 6,025,174 as at 29th February 2024

Carbone's Pizza - Rosemount, Minnesota USA

Photo of Carbone's Pizza in Rosemount, Minnesota taken January 2020 with a Google Pixel 4a.